Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cthulhux

Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"? Empty Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 pm
Hi, everyone,

I know, I'm probably doing it wrong, but I wonder if there is a way to get rid of the "In" and "Out" virtual mailboxes.

Background: I am a fairly new Pandora user with no former contact with Eudora, so I'm not really used to those. I use Pandora with four five IMAP mailboxes, all of them have the checkbox to leave my mails on the server checked. (That way, I can read important e-mail on both my smartphone and my desktop without losing either.) Now every new e-mail is copied to "In", so I have to delete each e-mail twice - once from the server, once from "in".

Or is that just another setting which I have not found yet?

Thank you for your awesome software!

(By the way: My first try to get an account here, "flying", has never received an activation mail. It can safely be removed.)

Last edited by cthulhux on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong count)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"? Empty Re: Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"?

Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Hello cthulhux and welcome to Pandora forum.

There is no way to turn off In and Out.

In and Out are system mailboxes and they are your fail-safe defaults, for cases where say filters are off or not matching, portable usage etc. Now Pandora is not keeping system mailboxes in memory (when they are closed), so they are not burden in any way. If you are using IMAP only, you can consider them as your "offline pockets", where you can quickly copy some online messages before moving on to a remote location where there is no Internet...
cthulhux

Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"? Empty Re: Is there a way to disable "In" and "Out"?

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm
Thank you for your support!

Can I set a filter to remove messages automatically from "In" when the original mail is deleted then?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 pm
Unfortunately you can not.

You know you do not have to download mail (to local In), right? You can just open IMAP mailbox (say Inbox), open the message directly.
cthulhux

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
Oh! How does that work? Because all messages I open seem to be downloaded automatically.

(It wouldn't work for IMAP folders though, right?)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 pm
cthulhux wrote:Oh! How does that work? Because all messages I open seem to be downloaded automatically.

(It wouldn't work for IMAP folders though, right?)

Here you go:
1. Click View/Personalities, select any IMAP account, say "My IMAP", right-click/Properties.
2. Uncheck "Include on global Check".
3. Hit OK.
4. Hit View/Mailboxes, locate Inbox under "My IMAP", double click to open.
cthulhux

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 pm
Understood - thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum