Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sn-333

Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily Empty Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily

Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
I installed now the new version 3.6.1 - yet the problem that I cannot even check mail remains:

1)
It does not work for checking mail - even adapting your suggestion in your last email dated 13-March (using my full email address as user name):
When attempting to check mail it always ends up in the LOG-Window with:
"Status: Not Completed
Details: authentication failed
Completed: 7 %"

2)
The program does not allow me to exit regularily - the "Quit" Icon (to the right of the "New Personality Icon) was partly there, but did not work when clicked (and then stayed greyed out), the same for the Quit-Task on the first pull-down menu ("Session").
I had to leave the program using the Windows Task Manager.

What do you suggest ?

Rgds,
Karl-Heinz

P:S.:
However, I noticed now that I can actually see mail headers (one line per mail with date, sender, subject) on  the provider mail server by clicking on the pandora task: "View mail on server".
Presumably that means that the mail authentification basically works. Only the program does not manage to successfully transfer the mails from the server onto my PC ?!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily Empty Re: Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily

Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 am
Sn-333 wrote:I installed now the new version 3.6.1 - yet the problem that I cannot even check mail remains:

1)
It does not work for checking mail - even adapting your suggestion in your last email dated 13-March (using my full email address as user name):
When attempting to check mail it always ends up in the LOG-Window with:
"Status: Not Completed
Details: authentication failed
Completed: 7 %"

What is the name of your Internet Service Provider Karl? Is it Verizon, Gmail, Comcast...
What is incoming server type: POP or IMAP

Sn-333 wrote:
2)
The program does not allow me to exit regularily - the "Quit" Icon (to the right of the "New Personality Icon) was partly there, but did not work when clicked (and then stayed greyed out), the same for the Quit-Task on the first pull-down menu ("Session").
I had to leave the program using the Windows Task Manager.

When you hit View/Tasks, from the main menu, Tasks pane is shown - are there any active tasks?
Sn-333

Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily Empty Re: Still Authentication Failure, as well as inability to quit program regularily

Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 pm
What is the name of your Internet Service Provider Karl? Is it Verizon, Gmail, Comcast...

-> web.de

-> POP
Sn-333

Tue May 05, 2020 8:09 pm
When you hit View/Tasks, from the main menu, Tasks pane is shown - are there any active tasks?

-> It says in this window:

Task: Parsing Imported Message(s)
Details: Die aktuellen Angebote ab Do., 12.03.
Completed: 8 %
Time: 05.05.2020 20:04:00
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 am
Sn-333 wrote:What is the name of your Internet Service Provider Karl? Is it Verizon, Gmail, Comcast...

-> web.de

-> POP

Under Personality properties/Checking Mail update these settings:

Server: pop3.web.de
SSL: Always (TLS/SSL)
Port #: 995
Authentication: Basic

Source: https://hilfe.web.de/pop-imap/pop3/serverdaten.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 am
Sn-333 wrote:When you hit View/Tasks, from the main menu, Tasks pane is shown - are there any active tasks?

That's a system task, you are importing mail. Wait until it's done or cancel Importer, then quit.

Sn-333

Wed May 06, 2020 8:59 pm
by Admin on Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 am

Sn-333 wrote:

-> web.de

-> POP

Under Personality properties/Checking Mail update these settings:

Server: pop3.web.de
SSL: Always (TLS/SSL)
Port #: 995
Authentication: Basic

Source: https://hilfe.web.de/pop-imap/pop3/serverdaten.html

I had used these settings for 2 months now w/o success.
Now, after more than 20 times trying invain to check mail - and without changing anything other than installing the new pandora version - checking mail did actually work !.
Sn-333

Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 pm
Sn-333 wrote:

That's a system task, you are importing mail. Wait until it's done or cancel Importer, then quit.

Waited invain 20 hours for this task (which I had not intended or actively initiated to start)  to be done. It was still at 8% Completion then.
Did not find a way to stop this task either.
And, of course, I could not find a way to quit the program - Quit-Button greyed out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 pm
Sn-333 wrote:Sn-333 wrote:

Waited invain 20 hours for this task (which I had not intended or actively initiated to start)  to be done. It was still at 8% Completion then.
Did not find a way to stop this task either.
And, of course, I could not find a way to quit the program - Quit-Button greyed out.

To stop the task: Right-click on the task hit Stop
If that does not help: Shift + right-click on the task hit Stop
If that does not help, quit Pandora via Windows Task Manager (End Task)

Then open main data folder in File Explorer and make sure Spool and Import folders are empty. Start Pandora.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum