Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Paul_A

Pandora feature question Empty Pandora feature question

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 pm
Question 1:
I am currently using Eudora. Thinking about switching to Pandora. However, Eudora has an import format for email addresses, which I have utilized in order to import comma and tab delimited files from a PIM I use as a database. I created an export template that allows me to import hundreds of addresses from the PIM with a few clicks. Is the import file layout the same as the one in Eudora?

This is a copy of the export template currently in use by the PIM to export into Eudora 7.1.0.9:
alias [Lastname]_[Firstname] [Emailaddress_1], [Emailaddress_2], [Emailaddress_3]
note [Lastname]_[Firstname] <last:[Lastname]><first:[Firstname]><name:[Firstname] [Lastname]>

And if the two formats are not alike, is there any information on the structure of the import file pandora expects, in comma or tab delimited format?

Question 2:
I understand Pandora, unlike Eudora, will support the issue of UTF8. Can you confirm?

Thanks for any assistance anyone on this forum can give me. Paul...
butchkemper
butchkemper

Pandora feature question Empty Re: Pandora feature question

Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:04 am
Paul_A wrote:Question 1:
I am currently using Eudora. Thinking about switching to Pandora. However, Eudora has an import format for email addresses, which I have utilized in order to import comma and tab delimited files from a PIM I use as a database. I created an export template that allows me to import hundreds of addresses from the PIM with a few clicks. Is the import file layout the same as the one in Eudora?

This is a copy of the export template currently in use by the PIM to export into Eudora 7.1.0.9:
alias [Lastname]_[Firstname] [Emailaddress_1], [Emailaddress_2], [Emailaddress_3]
note [Lastname]_[Firstname] <last:[Lastname]><first:[Firstname]><name:[Firstname] [Lastname]>

And if the two formats are not alike, is there any information on the structure of the import file pandora expects, in comma or tab delimited format?

Question 2:
I understand Pandora, unlike Eudora, will support the issue of UTF8. Can you confirm?

Thanks for any assistance anyone on this forum can give me. Paul...

You will have to ask Brana about the email address importing.  Send an email to support.egadgets@gmail.com.

By default, Pandora supports UTF8.

Regards,

Butch

Paul_A likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum