Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
croos

Dictionaries Empty Dictionaries

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:40 am
How do I find and use dictionaries for other languages than the included? Sorry if this has been discussed already. I searched the forum but didn't find anything.

I tried to just copy swedish.tlx from Eudora. It does show up in Spell Checking settings, but it doesn't work when I select it. Every word is marked. Could it be the the dictionary is in an old format or do I need to do something more to "activate" it?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Dictionaries Empty Re: Dictionaries

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:46 am
Croos, here is how to do it:
How to Change the Active Dictionary
croos

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:56 pm
Thank you. How could I miss that?

I see now. I made two mistakes. Nothing from Eudora would be Unicode. Even worse, the .tlx file is for user added words. Mine was 76 lines... No wonder every word was marked.Dictionaries 1f600

So off to hunt for TLX dictionaries or a way to convert binary dictionaries to TLX. It wasn't easy to google, this. So if someone can tip of a source or a method I'd be grateful. It's primarily a Swedish dictionary I need.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:41 pm
Correct, Unicode. Try along the lines "Swedesh word list plain text".

This looks about right, but you'll know that better:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/martinlindhe/wordlist_swedish/master/swe_wordlist

As for Unicode format, you can use any better text editor to save as plain text file. If site is not in Unicode you can use built in tools (in UltraEdit it's under File/Conversions/ASCII to Unicode).
croos

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:05 pm
Thanks. That word list looks good enough. But it doesn't work. Is UTF-8 enough?

I copied the list, pasted it into a text editor added #Title: Swedish on the first line an saved as swedish.tlx, UTF-8. It shows up in the spell checker setting, but it doesn't work. Not all words are marked but most of them, all of which is found in the tlx document, including common words as (Swedish for) on, in, at, and...
croos

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm
Odd behavior. If I deliberately misspell one of the words the spell checker doesn't mark, it (of course) get marked and I get suggestions for correct spellings and it is corrected when I choose a word from the list. With the correctly spelled but still marked words I don't get any suggestions. So it seems some words from the word list are read and some are not. Question Question Question
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum