Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
isdnip

Make Pandora forget the wrong server password Empty Make Pandora forget the wrong server password

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 pm
I'm still thinking about migrating to Pandora from Thunderbird, using VueMinder as the calendar. So I went to test Pandora again to download some mail with a calendar app in it. But I didn't enter the POP server password correctly. I don't think I even checked the "save  pasword" button. But now it remembers the password and gives me a reject error, but won't let me enter a new password. How do I make it forget the wrong one and let me enter the right one?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Make Pandora forget the wrong server password Empty Re: Make Pandora forget the wrong server password

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:21 am
isdnip wrote:I'm still thinking about migrating to Pandora from Thunderbird, using VueMinder as the calendar. So I went to test Pandora again to download some mail with a calendar app in it. But I didn't enter the POP server password correctly. I don't think I even checked the "save  pasword" button. But now it remembers the password and gives me a reject error, but won't let me enter a new password. How do I make it forget the wrong one and let me enter the right one?

Click on the View menu item, select Personalities, and Left-Click.  Right-Click on the personality that has the bad password, select Properties and Left-Click.  In the box labeled Password:, enter the correct password, and click Ok.

That will allow you to change the password for the selected Personality.

Butch
isdnip

Make Pandora forget the wrong server password Empty Re: Make Pandora forget the wrong server password

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 am
Thanks. I had at one point seen that, but when I used the view asterisk, it showed the login account name, not the incorrect password I had typed. So I was wondering if there was some kind of internal password in play. I actually figured out a workaround wherein I found and edited the text file where the server is stored, editing out the server and the password entry. That forced Pandora to ask for them both again. And now the field you mention shows the actual working password. It's conceivable that I typed something wrong the first time, but there could be a subtle bug in play populating that field when authentication fails.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum