Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JFC

a new user's questions Empty a new user's questions

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:42 pm
Hi! Folks,
I am considering transferring my very long-term usage of Eudora to Pandora (once I will have understood how to also transfer my plugins and new needs). And documented it and them for my pals: we wish to establish a turn-click survival configuration for moderately debile seniors like me working, computing, and sleeping under Windows, and saving, publishing, and communicating under Linux.

1. The first question I have is: is there a Pandora documentation to explain its architecture, its design, its operations, its installation, etc.

2. First example: For the time being, I have downloaded and extracted pandora.zip to c:\dropbox\pandora as I did for c::\dropbox\eudora. Then I ran Install64, things started well until I reached "installing, please wait while setup installs Pandora ...". Then I have a "Setup unable to create the directory c:\program files\Pandora... Error5: accès refusé (access denied) ? same for "program files (x86)"

Any idea why?
Thank you!
jfc
butchkemper
butchkemper

a new user's questions Empty Re: a new user's questions

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:54 pm
JFC wrote:Hi! Folks,
I am considering transferring my very long-term usage of Eudora to Pandora (once I will have understood how to also transfer my plugins and new needs).  And documented it and them for my pals: we wish to establish a turn-click survival configuration for moderately debile seniors like me working, computing, and sleeping under Windows, and saving, publishing, and communicating under Linux.

1. The first question I have is: is there a Pandora documentation to explain its architecture, its design, its operations, its installation, etc.

2. First example: For the time being, I have downloaded and extracted pandora.zip to c:\dropbox\pandora as I did for c::\dropbox\eudora. Then I ran Install64, things started well until I reached "installing, please wait while setup installs Pandora ...". Then I have a "Setup unable to create the directory c:\program files\Pandora...  Error5: accès refusé (access denied) ?  same for "program files (x86)"

Any idea why?
Thank you!
jfc

JFC,

Right+Click on the Installer64 and select "Run as Administrator".

The default location for the Pandora program files is c:\Program Files.  That is a good place.

Do not put the Pandora Data files in a Windows protected location or you will have troubles.  

I created a folder within Documents called Pandora and then created a folder called Mail inside the Pandora folder.

Butch
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum