Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
avatar
TMedwin
Posts : 2
Join date : 2022-05-23

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Problems setting up with Outlook

Mon May 30, 2022 8:32 pm
I've registered with Pandora in the hope that I can use Outlook accounts with OAuth2. I have been using Eudora for 28 years but it apparently can't cope with OAuth2.

With Pandora I can successfully operate  my Gmail account (though it's not what I normally use).
For an Outlook account,  using settings: server= pod51002.outlook.com (in&out) , POP, OAuth2, Always(TSL/SSL), Port 995 the system stalls when I right click on the Personality and click Check Mail, saying "Checking" and "Listening". Sometimes it shows:

  Google hasn’t verified this app
  The app is requesting access to sensitive info in your Google Account. Until the developer (support.egadgets@gmail.com)
  verifies this app with Google, you shouldn't use it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? Are there instructions somewhere telling how to set up Outlook emails with Pandora? If I can only get over these hurdles, things look encouraging, since the imminent barring of Eudora with Outlook's or my university's OAuth2 requirement is dire.
butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 126
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Sachse, Texas US

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 pm
TMedwin wrote:I've registered with Pandora in the hope that I can use Outlook accounts with OAuth2. I have been using Eudora for 28 years but it apparently can't cope with OAuth2.

With Pandora I can successfully operate  my Gmail account (though it's not what I normally use).
For an Outlook account,  using settings: server= pod51002.outlook.com (in&out) , POP, OAuth2, Always(TSL/SSL), Port 995 the system stalls when I right click on the Personality and click Check Mail, saying "Checking" and "Listening". Sometimes it shows:

  Google hasn’t verified this app
  The app is requesting access to sensitive info in your Google Account. Until the developer (support.egadgets@gmail.com)
  verifies this app with Google, you shouldn't use it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? Are there instructions somewhere telling how to set up Outlook emails with Pandora? If I can only get over these hurdles, things look encouraging, since the imminent barring of Eudora with Outlook's or my university's OAuth2 requirement is dire.

Here are the Instructions on how to setup OAuth2 authentication.  I suggest a complete reading before starting.

Butch
avatar
TMedwin
Posts : 2
Join date : 2022-05-23

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:04 pm
There seems to be helpful stuff about Gmail at https://pandoramail.forumotion.net/t84-oauth2-steps . I can link Pandora to gmail fine. But does Pandora work with Outlook? If so, how do I find out the right settings to enter for an Outlook university account?
butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 126
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Sachse, Texas US

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:28 pm
TMedwin wrote:There seems to be helpful stuff about Gmail at https://pandoramail.forumotion.net/t84-oauth2-steps . I can link Pandora to gmail fine. But does Pandora work with Outlook? If so, how do I find out the right settings to enter for an Outlook university account?

The only real differences between the Gmail settings and the Outlook settings should be the names of the servers.  Once you know the settings, it is not difficult to enter them into the Personality.

Ask your University Support staff how to setup the Outlook account using Pop.  Do not say anything about Pandora.

Once you have the information, proceed with the setup like you know what you are doing and you will probably find out  that you do.  If you make a mistake, no big problem.  Just correct the error and move forward.

Regards,

Butch
JeremyNicoll
JeremyNicoll
Posts : 8
Join date : 2020-09-05
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:14 am
[quote="butchkemper"]
The only real differences between the Gmail settings and the Outlook settings should be the names of the servers.[/quote]

I'm not sure if that's true, so far as OAuth2 goes. I've read elsewhere that Microsoft's implementation of OAuth2 is not the same as the Gmail one. Having said that, I've also read that Gmail's implementation has changed in some subtle ways in the last few weeks, so maybe theirs and MS's are now more similar. Or even less similar.
butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 126
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Sachse, Texas US

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:20 pm
JeremyNicoll wrote:
butchkemper wrote:
The only real differences between the Gmail settings and the Outlook settings should be the names of the servers.

I'm not sure if that's true, so far as OAuth2 goes.  I've read elsewhere that Microsoft's implementation of OAuth2 is not the same as the Gmail one.  Having said that, I've also read that Gmail's implementation has changed in some subtle ways in the last few weeks, so maybe theirs and MS's are now more similar.  Or even less similar.

I have OAuth2 implemented for multiple Gmail accounts and a Hotmail account.  I have not experienced any problems with either.

There are two courses of action one can take:
  • Spend time pondering and wondering what will happen.
  • Do it and see what happens.  If it fails, then it does not work but now you know.

My tenancy is the latter.

Regards,

Butch
Sponsored content

Problems setting up with Outlook Empty Re: Problems setting up with Outlook

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum