Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
avatar
Valever
Posts : 3
Join date : 2022-06-09

opening pdf attachments Empty opening pdf attachments

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:09 am
Hi,
I can't open my attachments in pdf form in the message box directly, I always have to go through the attachment mail pandora file. It says there no program associated with the received attachment. I have a simple Windows PDF reader in windows 8. Thanks for your help
butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 163
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 78
Location : Sachse, Texas US

opening pdf attachments Empty Re: opening pdf attachments

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 pm
Valever wrote:Hi,
I can't open my attachments in pdf form in the message box directly, I always have to go through the attachment mail pandora file. It says there no program associated with the received attachment. I have a simple Windows PDF reader in windows 8. Thanks for your help
I really think this is  a Windows problem.

Let's try some things to get some data points:
  • Open the message in Pandora, then Double+Left+Click on the file in the attachment window.  What happens?
  • Open the message in Pandora, then Right+Click on the file in the attachment window, select Open, and Left+Click.  What happens?
  • Open the message in Pandora, then Right+Click on the file in the attachment window, select Save As, Left+Click, and save the file to the Desktop.  Double+Left+Click on the file icon and what happens?

Please post the results for each test and let's see if we get a clue of what is happening.

Butch
avatar
Valever
Posts : 3
Join date : 2022-06-09

opening pdf attachments Empty opening pdf attachments

Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:49 pm
Hi Butch,

1." This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.". The pdf files are associated with the default pdf reader, I've checked it in the control panel
2. Same result as 1
3. The attachment opens with the pdf reader



butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 163
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 78
Location : Sachse, Texas US

opening pdf attachments Empty Re: opening pdf attachments

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:44 am
Valever wrote:Hi Butch,
1." This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.". The pdf files are associated with the default pdf reader, I've checked it in the control panel
2. Same result as 1
3. The attachment opens with the pdf reader

Well, I now do not think the problem belongs to Windows.

Does the error message include the extension name of the file that is being opened?  

What exactly is the file name?  Is the name excessively long.

Are you using the current version of Pandora?

I think you will need to send a feedback / bug report message to Brana, telling him all the information and things you have tried.  It now sounds like a Pandora error.

I wish I could have given you more help.

Butch
avatar
Valever
Posts : 3
Join date : 2022-06-09

opening pdf attachments Empty opening pdf attachments

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:42 am
Hi Butch,

1.No, the message doesn't include the file's name. Same message for all pdf files, short or long file name.
2. Same message for short or long file names
3. I'm using Pandora 4.1.9.1, 64 Bit Edition with Windows 8
butchkemper
butchkemper
Posts : 163
Join date : 2018-06-04
Age : 78
Location : Sachse, Texas US

opening pdf attachments Empty Re: opening pdf attachments

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:03 pm
Valever wrote:Hi Butch,

1.No, the message doesn't include the file's name. Same message for all pdf files, short or long file name.
2. Same message for short or long file names
3. I'm using Pandora 4.1.9.1, 64 Bit Edition with Windows 8

Okay.  Time to report this problem directly to Brana using the Help | Send Feedback | Report a Bug.

Sorry I could not provide more help.

Butch

Valever likes this post

Sponsored content

opening pdf attachments Empty Re: opening pdf attachments

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum