Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KHP-444

Pandora Filter-Imports and Filters general – help required Empty Pandora Filter-Imports and Filters general – help required

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:20 pm
Finally I gave up on importing filters from Eudora. Because I realised, even if I manage succefully to import all the filters (about 1400) succesfully from Eudora, most of them wouldn‘t  work because Pandora modified most of the mailboxes upon import from Eidora, as it drops quite a few characters like „.“, „/“,“+“, and all modified German vowels.

But rather than continuing to use Outlook again I would prefer to at least be able to make new filters in Pandora.

Could anybody show me a way to make a new filter in Pandora, and to make it work when checking mail ?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Pandora Filter-Imports and Filters general – help required Empty Re: Pandora Filter-Imports and Filters general – help required

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:41 pm
KHP-444 wrote:Finally I gave up on importing filters from Eudora. Because I realised, even if I manage succefully to import all the filters (about 1400) succesfully from Eudora, most of them wouldn‘t  work because Pandora modified most of the mailboxes upon import from Eidora, as it drops quite a few characters like „.“, „/“,“+“, and all modified German vowels.

But rather than continuing to use Outlook again I would prefer to at least be able to make new filters in Pandora.

Could anybody show me a way to make a new filter in Pandora, and to make it work when checking mail ?

KHP-444,

Left+Click the menu entry View, then select Filters, and Left+Click or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F10.  The Filters window will open where Filters are created.

On the bottom left of the Filter window, Left+Click on the New button.  If a filter is not selected, the Filter creation section is blank.  If a Filter is selected, the Filter creation section is completed using data from the selected Filter.

The Filter contains two sections Criteria and Action and you switch between the section by clicking on the buttons.

At the top of the Filter window are three, clickable buttons which  determine when the filter is active:
  • Incoming - act on new incoming messages in the Inbox.
  • Manual - act on the selected messages in the Inbox when the filters are manually activated.
  • Outgoing - act on new outgoing messages in the Outbox.

Here is a simple filter to move all new incoming messages from butch@gmail.com to the Trash mailbox:
  • Click on the New button.
  • Click on Incoming and Manual buttons.
  • Click on the Criteria button.
  • in Basic Criteria, Left+Click on the down arrow in the first box and select From. Left+Click on the down arrow in the second box and select contains, and the Left+Click on the A>a symbol to make the data be lower case.
  • in Basic Criteria third box, enter the text butch@gmail.com.
  • Left+Click on Action button to open the Action section, Left+Click Move to, then Left+Click on the MailBox field, and select Trash.
  • Left+Click on the Stop sign to Skip Other Filters

There is a topic on Filters in the Help section.

I hop this helps.

Butch
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum