Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CWM030

Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED] Empty Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED]

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:24 pm
First time Pandora user.

I figured out how to set up the Pandora Trialware ( it took me a little bit to figure it out ) You have to go to Identities to set up an account.

I left all of the settings default for the IMAP account, only inputting my username and password and server information.

Pandora moved ALL emails on first check from the INBOX on the imap account to MAIL > IN folder, which I assume is the local folders?  Rolling Eyes

Pandora kept making double copies of incoming emails... I'd have 2 copies of new emails every time a mail check was done.   Rolling Eyes

I noticed that I have no way of setting default folders.. Like, I want sent mail to go to this folder instead of the default SENT folder?  Question

What settings do I have set wrong?  What a Face

Thanks,
Chris
cthulhux

Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED]

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:23 pm
Mail -> In is a virtual folder that contains all incoming mails from your inboxes. Nothing is moved there.
CWM030

Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED]

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Last edited by CWM030 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FORGOT TO QUOTE WHO I WAS REPLYING TO.)
CWM030

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:45 pm
cthulhux wrote:Mail -> In is a virtual folder that contains all incoming mails from your inboxes. Nothing is moved there.

I just found it interesting that after things were moved to this " IN" folder, I opened fastmail.com in my browser and my inbox was empty.

What about sorting new emails on TOP instead of bottom?

Right now I am still using the trial version.

Thanks,
C
cthulhux

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Things were not moved to the “In” folder, but to the local mailbox which the “In” folder displays. You probably chose to delete the mails from the server in your Personality settings. It’s a checkbox! Smile
CWM030

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:28 pm
cthulhux wrote:Things were not moved to the “In” folder, but to the local mailbox which the “In” folder displays. You probably chose to delete the mails from the server in your Personality settings. It’s a checkbox! Smile

I just checked, and that box wasn't checked.

Chris
CWM030

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:12 pm
cthulhux wrote:Things were not moved to the “In” folder, but to the local mailbox which the “In” folder displays. You probably chose to delete the mails from the server in your Personality settings. It’s a checkbox! Smile

I also noticed that when the emails were moved to the MAILBOX > IN... When you drag the emails from that IN folder to my archive folder on the IMAP server, the dates and time are changed to the time that I dragged the emails back to the IMAP server.

But if you open the emails, the correct times of when the emails landed on fastmail's servers are in the header information.

Pandora with IMAP is AWFUL [RESOLVED] Screen11

7:05 AM- was when I dragged the emails from the IN mailbox back to the IMAP server.

But the original email was sent at midnight last night.

This is interesting.

If it wasn't for dual booting 2 operating systems,  Or if I knew for sure I was going to stay on Windows, I'd prob totally switch back to POP3.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:34 pm
Downloading messages from IMAP Inbox to local folders (emulating POP style mail check) is a convenience, an option, you can turn it off at any time.

To exclude your IMAP account from global mail check:
1. Go to Personality/Properties, click on Checking Mail button.
2. Uncheck 'Include on global check'. Hit OK.

To leave mail on server:
2. Check 'Leave mail on server'. Hit OK.
[To delete messages upon download, un-check.]

To check for new mail, IMAP-style, just open your IMAP mailbox.

To store sent mail in different mailbox(es):
1. Create custom sent-mailboxes (sent-job, sent-home, etc).
2. Create outgoing filters and specify the criteria for each filter/mailbox.
3. Specify action (for each filter/mailbox): Move to [custom mailbox]

cthulhux and CWM030 like this post

CWM030

Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:54 pm
Admin wrote:Downloading messages from IMAP Inbox to local folders (emulating POP style mail check) is a convenience, an option, you can turn it off at any time.

To exclude your IMAP account from global mail check:
2. Uncheck 'Include on global check'. Hit OK.

To leave mail on server:
2. Check 'Leave mail on server'. Hit OK.
[To delete messages upon download, un-check.]

To check for new mail, IMAP-style, just open your IMAP mailbox.

To store sent mail in different mailbox(es):
1. Create custom sent-mailboxes (sent-job, sent-home, etc).
2. Create outgoing filters and specify the criteria for each filter/mailbox.
3. Specify action (for each filter/mailbox): Move to [custom mailbox]

Hello!

Ah, so I was right, Pandora WAS moving the emails off of the server and to the local folders?

So checking leave mail on server will leave the emails on the imap server, and I just click on INBOX under the IMAP account?'

ah okay I gotcha on the sent folder, I'm having to do the same steps in Outlook by creating a rule to move sent messages to certain folders.

Thanks!

cthulhux likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum