Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Carnie

Resuming use of Pandora mail  Empty Resuming use of Pandora mail

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:27 am
I was a paid user of Pandora 1.x. I had some problem with it that I can't remember, so I went back to using Eudora but left Pandora installed on my PC.

Eudora is becoming too hard to deal with lately so I want to give Pandora mail another try with the latest version. My Pandora mailboxes currently only contain mail retrieved up to 2018. My Eudora installation contains the same content up to that point and on to the present. What's the best way to bring my Pandora mailboxes up-to-date before I resume using it?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Resuming use of Pandora mail  Empty Re: Resuming use of Pandora mail

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:43 pm
Carnie wrote:I was a paid user of Pandora 1.x.  I had some problem with it that I can't remember, so I went back to using Eudora but left Pandora installed on my PC.

Eudora is becoming too hard to deal with lately so I want to give Pandora mail another try with the latest version.  My Pandora mailboxes currently only contain mail retrieved up to 2018. My Eudora installation contains the same content up to that point and on to the present. What's the best way to bring my Pandora mailboxes up-to-date before I resume using it?

Before  using Pandora again, you need to:

• Download and install the latest version of Pandora which is currently 4.0.2.
  • Obtain a current Pandora License.  The License is valid for a Release; you have a Release 1 license; and Pandora is now on Release 4.
  • The Pandora Website is the place to get the current software version and to purchase a current License.

The Importing Witcher tool only allows message selection by mailbox and not by date within mailbox.  So, unless you separate messages into mailboxes by date and not subject, you will have to import all the messages again.

Butch
Carnie

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:41 am
Sounds like a weekend project then. Thanks for the reply.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:45 am
Like Butch (and others), I reckon that it's well worth the effort to get past Eudora's limitations and issues, even if it takes a weekend. Pandora is extremely functional and powerful, and Brana is making it even better all the time.
Carnie

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:10 am
Well I installed the latest version but didn't get any farther than that yet. I haven't imported new mail or upgraded to the paid version because right now, the MailboxCat Pandora Mail service in Windows 10 is taking up massive amounts of CPU and RAM. That's with a fresh reboot and not even clicking Pandora Mail open yet. Something is seriously wrong there, and I have to know I'm not going to have this sort of problem with my chosen Windows email app before I commit to it. I have 32GB of RAM in this machine and it actually ran out of RAM and started locking up with the MailboxCat Pandora Mail service being the biggest user of RAM by far when I looked at the usage in Task Manager, and again, that's with Pandora Mail not even running.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:53 am
Carnie, in Pandora version 4 (compared with the indexer in version 3) I also found that the indexing service does indeed take up really excessive CPU resource. It didn't cause any problems with RAM (I also have 32GB and it didn't come anywhere near running out in my case).

I took advantage of having Process Lasso on my system, and used it to throttle the mailboxcat.exe task right down in every respect: single thread (out of 16 threads), the lowest CPU priority, andvery low disk priority. This took a week or so of experimentation to work out. Only now, after all that, would I be prepared to say that the indexer is no longer out of control fpr me.

I suspect that most version 4 users might be faced with the same issue. Brana, I reckon that the MailboxCat service needs some urgent attention. Feel free to contact me for more insights.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:05 pm
Carnie, fix is coming up soon. Until then - stop the service via Settings/Background Tasks.

Carnie likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum