Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
curmudgeon

Can no longer search messages Empty Can no longer search messages

Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:06 pm
I can no longer search my messages for any criteria. I have not used the search function i quite some time and no matter what criteria I use to search I get 0 results.  I have checked all mailboxes to search and tried to re index the fast search but nothing happens. I know it's a senior moment but where am i going wrong?

Ray
butchkemper
butchkemper

Can no longer search messages Empty Re: Can no longer search messages

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:31 am
curmudgeon wrote:I can no longer search my messages for any criteria. I have not used the search function i quite some time and no matter what criteria I use to search I get 0 results.  I have checked all mailboxes to search and tried to re index the fast search but nothing happens. I know it's a senior moment but where am i going wrong?

Ray

Tell us step by step and click by click of exactly how you are trying to setup a search and perhaps someone will spot the errant step or click.  A screenshot would also of useful assistance.

Butch
curmudgeon

Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:39 pm
I am running Pandora 4.1.3.1 and am letting MailboxCat.exe install. My filters are sorting my mail to the proper mailboxes with no problems. I have gone to "Settings -General - Background Tasks" and clicked on "Fast Indexing Service - Start".

So looking for messages from the Pandora Forum which are in the mailbox titled Pandora I check all mailboxes to search then click on
Tools
Find messages
(basic criteria)
From
contains
Pandora
and then click on Search in the lower right corner. Zero results.

Any suggestions?
Ray
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:13 pm
curmudgeon wrote:I am running Pandora 4.1.3.1 and am letting MailboxCat.exe install. My filters are sorting my mail to the proper mailboxes with no problems. I have gone to "Settings -General - Background Tasks" and clicked on "Fast Indexing Service - Start".

So looking for messages from the Pandora Forum which are in the mailbox titled Pandora I check all mailboxes to search then click on
Tools
Find messages
(basic criteria)
From
contains
Pandora
and then click on Search in the lower right corner. Zero results.

Any suggestions?
Ray
The order of things you do seem to be off.  Here is the order I follow:
  • Go to Tools | Find Messages and then Left+Click which brings up the Mailboxes window and the Fine Messages window.
  • In the Mailboxes window, click on the mailboxes to search.
  • In the Find Messages window Basic Criteria section, set From, contains, and Pandora.
  • Click Search in bottom right corner.
  • Search Results window opens with list of found messages.

Hope that helps.

Butch
curmudgeon

Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 pm
Butch,
Same results. Mailboxes are viewed and checked to search but there does not seem to have been any indexing. Any more ideas???

Ray
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Fri May 06, 2022 7:12 pm
version 4 of Pandora Mail switched from an indexer running insode Pandora to a Windows service called MailboxCat, so you should check and ensure that his service keeps running.

I've been having problems with this. The services stops, as in screenshot (A), and the service's recovery after first/second/subsequent failures always revert to "Take No Action" even I changed these all to "Restart The Service" so I suspect that each Pandora upgrade resets these settings (but I could be wrong about this).

Can no longer search messages Pandor14
Can no longer search messages Pandor13

I think that we need Brana to provide insights on this.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Can no longer search messages Empty MailboxCat service keeps stopping unpredictably

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:53 am
Some observations after a few weeks of tinkering. The first is that the MailboxCat service always keeps stopping "some time" after I restart it. I canot determine when it happens, no message appears, it's only when I check Task Manager (or the Services console) that I discover this. It might possibly be related to the fact that I usually set my Windows 10 system into hibernation mode and do so for days at a time before a system restart or shutdown. During my research I found one or two mentions (for apps other than Pandora Mail) that this can cause Windows services to stop working.

Anyway, as shown as shown in screenshot (C), when I look at the serice I find that the recovery settings all have been reset to the default and I am forced to change them back to "Restart the Service):

Can no longer search messages Pandor19

Another observation is that the Start button in the Background Tasks settings (shown in attachment D), has no effect whatsover, The MailboxCat.exe task never gets started when I click this button:

Can no longer search messages Pandor20

Final observation, shown in screenshot (E), is the "Reset fail count after" being set to 1 day, following a discussion O saw during my researches (I didn't quite understand the reasoning but tried it anyhow, with no discernible effect (the MailboxCat service keeps stopping):

Can no longer search messages Pandor21

Note that I keep pursuing this matter because I know from earlier experiences that Pandora's searching can be quite fast when the search index is built properly and therefore it's a worthwhile pursuit, however there are some major issues that need to be overcome in order to get it all working (and continuing to work).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum