Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text Empty Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:11 pm
A lot of the time when I REPLY to an email, the Quoted Text loses paragraph/line breaks. Not always, but some of the time. It makes it hard to read and reply inline. Is this normal behavior or is there some setting I can change?

I also don't know if it's related, but when I click "REPLY" usually it scrolls to the bottom for me to reply, though sometimes to the top (which is my preference). Again, any insight into the erratic behavior?

Thanks!
Mad Dog
butchkemper
butchkemper

Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text Empty Re: Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:09 pm
Mad Dog wrote:A lot of the time when I REPLY to an email, the Quoted Text loses paragraph/line breaks. Not always, but some of the time. It makes it hard to read and reply inline. Is this normal behavior or is there some setting I can change?

I also don't know if it's related, but when I click "REPLY" usually it scrolls to the bottom for me to reply, though sometimes to the top (which is my preference). Again, any insight into the erratic behavior?

Thanks!
Mad Dog

The location of the caret placement when you reply is controlled by Settings | General | Composing Mail | Drafts and the option Caret placement: Top or Bottom.

Butch
Mad Dog

Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text Empty Re: Paragrph/line breaks in quoted text

Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:11 pm
Thanks! I didn't understand what "caret placement" meant in the settings and this is just what I needed.

Any thoughts about the line breaks vanishing when replying?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:30 pm
Mad Dog wrote:Thanks! I didn't understand what "caret placement" meant in the settings and this is just what I needed.

Any thoughts about the line breaks vanishing when replying?

Unfortunately no, I am unable to offer any explanations.

Butch
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:22 am
Yes, preformatted paragraphs will loose line breaks when quoted. Plain text CRLF pairs are ignored in HTML, for the most part.
Until Preformatted paragraph style is fully supported in composition, here is the work-around:

To enter line break inside quoted text (and not to break quote-bars):
1. Place caret inside the quoted text, where next line is supposed to start.
2. Hold down Shift key and press Enter.
Mad Dog

Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:00 pm
Thanks! I'd tried Shift as usual and it broke the quote bar so it's good to have the work-around. All I have to do is remember it.... Cool
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum