Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
G6JPG

*moving* Pandora? Empty *moving* Pandora?

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:39 am
I assumed this would be a FAQ, but I've looked through both fora and can't find anything about it: I can find plenty about e. g. moving from Eudora on an old computer, but not how to move from Pandora to Pandora. My friend has just bought a Windows 10 computer, and will probably want me to help her move her Pandora (a POP account) from her Windows 7 computer to the new one. Is there a guide somewhere I've missed? Ideally she'd want to move all her mailboxes, filter and routing rules, and licence key (Pandora will be removed from the old computer).
butchkemper
butchkemper

*moving* Pandora? Empty Re: *moving* Pandora?

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:16 am
G6JPG wrote:I assumed this would be a FAQ, but I've looked through both fora and can't find anything about it: I can find plenty about e. g. moving from Eudora on an old computer, but not how to move from Pandora to Pandora. My friend has just bought a Windows 10 computer, and will probably want me to help her move her Pandora (a POP account) from her Windows 7 computer to the new one. Is there a guide somewhere I've missed? Ideally she'd want to move all her mailboxes, filter and routing rules, and licence key (Pandora will be removed from the old computer).

Since Pandora keeps all the configuration information, contacts, and mail files in the data directory, here is what I would do:

• Install Pandora on the new computer.
  • Copy the Pandora data directory from the old computer to the Pandora data directory on the new computer.
  • Overwrite the files in the data directory on the new computer with the files from the data directory on the old computer.

Good luck.

Butch

G6JPG and rick like this post

rick

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Does Pandora store the files attached to emails in a folder that is in the same location as the emails?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:50 am
rick wrote:Does Pandora store the  files attached to emails in a folder that is in the same location as the emails?

The direct answer to your question is yes.  A fuller explanation is that Pandora offers two options for saving attachments and inline images:associated with a message:

• The default action is to save attachments and inline images by keeping them within the message.
  • In Settings | Attachments, are options controlling what files are saved in the Attachment folder.  If none of these options is selected, then the default action happens.
  • Also, in Settings | Attachments, is the option to specify the location for the Attachment folder.  The default location is within the Pandora Mail folder.

Hope this helps.

Butch

rick likes this post

rick

Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:32 pm
Hello Butch,

The information on attachments is very helpful.

Thank you.

I am just getting ready to install Pandora so I can read the help file
Thanks again

Rick
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum