Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
markp

equivalent to Eudora's (disable) "Use Microsoft's viewer" Empty equivalent to Eudora's (disable) "Use Microsoft's viewer"

Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:57 am
Is there a way to disable the rendering of email bodies and instead just show the textual content?

Eudora has an option to disable the html/xml/whatever viewer when displaying emails (Tools > Options > Viewing Mail > Message Window > [checkbox] "Use Microsoft's viewer).

In Eudora I routinely have this feature turned off because said viewer does a poor job rendering the newer 'special' formatted emails; granted, this can lead to some poorly formatted 'text' email bodies but 98% of the time this isn't a big issue (in the other 2% I'll open the email and look at the source).

I'm seeing similar issues with Pandora (eg, the rendering of an email's body is such a small image that it can't be read; I don't need multiple pages of rendered stuff when all I need is a couple lines of text from the email body).  Yeah, I can hold down the Ctl key and zoom in/out but this is a hassle when I have to do this for 70%+ of my emails.

Thanks,
Mark
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum