Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Two New Issues Empty Two New Issues

Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:30 pm
Since the latest update I have two odd issues. I'm on Windows 10 all up to date.

- The scrollbar in the Messages panel doesn't work. Most of the time it doesn't even appear but when it does it's non-functional. I can scroll using the mouse wheel only.

- When I use FCC now I see diminished pop-up panels with nothing in them because it's not wide enough to display any text. I can choose one at random, it fills in the FCC, and then I can manually edit it but I can't select any.

Another thing that isn't new but I just thought of it:
- If I have a mailbox open, sorted by Time/Date, and I delete the bottom (newest) item , after it's deleted the cursor is at the top (oldest) email. Counter-intuitive to me. Shouldn't it be on the next newest email?

Thanks
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Two New Issues Empty Re: Two New Issues

Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:29 pm
I don't know if this is what you want to achieve, "Crazy Canine", but have you considered the following settings options:
[1] Settings - Mailboxes
[2] Message Summaries tab
[3] and [4] and [5] as in the following screenshot

Two New Issues Pandor41
Mad Dog

Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:12 pm
UPDATE: That didn't fix it.

I have those checked (and tried other variations on this theme). Closed Pandora, opened it. If I have my TRASH mailbox open, for example, sorted by date (so most recent is at the bottom). If I delete one say a couple o up from the bottom, it deletes, the mailbox scrolls to the top, nothing is selected. What I want is for it to select the next one, either above or below I don't really care. To me this is "normal" behaviour. If I delete one I may want to delete the next one, not go to the top and them have to scroll down to find the next one.

Does it work like that for you?

Tony Austin
Tony Austin

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:22 pm
Yes, I agree that would be "normal" behaviour, it shouldn't scroll all the way to the topmost message in the mailbox after deleting a message. I think that we'll have to ask Brana to make it choose a nearby message rather than the very first message on the mailbox. I will send him a bug report that points to this forum page.
Mad Dog

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:43 pm
THANKS! Glad you could replicate it. And thanks for submitting it as a bug report/suggestion.

About the second part. I have my MAILBOXES window on the left. If I click on one of the mailboxes that has sub-mailboxes, I don't get the scrollbar "grip" on the right. So I have to use my mouse wheel to scroll down. Sometimes, randomly as far as I can tell, it might show up. Might work, might vanish when I try to use it. Do you have this issue?

Two New Issues Scroll10
Tony Austin
Tony Austin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:16 am
I agree that there's something strange about the way that the vertical scroll bar is behaving in the Mailboxes panel. Compared with vertically scrolling elsewhere in Pandora, I find that in the Mailboxes pane it is misbehaving in cuch a way that  makes scrolling quite difficult to accomplish.

The vertical scroll bars are behaving oddly. Sometimes scrolling is possible only by using the mouse wheel. I hope that Brana will investigate this too, when it becomes daylight in his part of the world.

P.S.
What did you mean by "FCC" (I'm unfamiliar with that acronym)?
Mad Dog

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:42 am
Nice to see it's not just me or my system (or settings) and that you can replicate it.

FCC's a holdover from my beloved Eudora. It's File Carbon Copy and I love it. If I send an email that I think I should save a file copy of, I select it, choose the mailbox, and a copy of that email goes in the mailbox. Eudora had it on right-click which I still do out of instinct and it's much easier, but in Pandora it's tiny in the bar when I'm writing an email. (I honestly don't remember if it's default or if I had to customize that toolbar to have it show.) One of those Eudora features I can't believe all email programs don't have, which is why I stuck with it until recently when the bad message rendering finally got to be too much.

Two New Issues Fcc10
Tony Austin
Tony Austin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:53 am
I did some testing (it's getting onerous for an old b like like me, I can tell you). Thisis what I determined ...

Two New Issues Pandor42

Remember that we're talking about the vertical scroll bar in the Mailboxes pane (only) with Pandora version 4.6.0.1 (and possibly earlier recent versions). And I'm using 64-bit Windows 10.

(A) After launching a new Pandora session, the vertical scroll bar seems okay (Screenshot A).

(B) However, as soon as you rey to use the scroll bar inside an expanded folder, you find that the scroll bar is unusually long and can only be moved up and down a little bit (a couple of centimetrsm say). It is no longer possible to scroll through a list of mailboxes.

(C) You can use the mouse wheek to scroll vertically, but this is slow and tedious. Then as soon as you start using the up/down arrows the scroll bar snaps back to its proper size and you can use it for further scrolling through msil boxes in the Pandora session.
Mad Dog

Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:25 pm
Nice testing work! Glad you have the time and energy to do it. LOL

First, I'm on Win10 64 myself.

#1 - My mailboxes aren't that long so I can't vouch for that since it doesn't need a scrollbar until I select one with sub-mailboxes

#2 - Same except it's not slow. I suspect I don't have as many as you. Mousewheel works fine

#3 - BINGO! I've never tried the arrow keys but when I did, just like you, the scrollbar "grabber" appeared and it keeps working.

I'll keep an eye on it but nice sleuthing!

MD
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:20 pm
Scroll-bar issue is fixed now (for the upcoming release), as a temporary work-around (until it comes out):
Hit Ctrl+Pg Down (switch to the next docked pane), hit Ctrl+Pg Up to switch back to Mailboxes pane.
or
"Dock solo" - Detach Mailboxes from current group-pane (multi-pane frame) and dock elsewhere (as solo-docked pane).

FCC menu issue was is fixed in 4.6.

Lastly, Select next message option (#3 on the screen-shot above) is on by default, but it was broken, that's fixed as well now (upcoming release).

Mad Dog likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum