Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pandora-ed

Emails now missing from Folder Empty Emails now missing from Folder

Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:41 pm
Under the main folder root I had a folder with several hundred emails. I wanted to further organize them so I crested a couple of Sub (child) folders under it with the intend of then moving emails from the parent to the appropriate sub (child) folders. But as soon as I created them all of the emails in the parent folder were no longer available. Clicking on the parent folder simply expands the folder tree to show the sub(child) folders.

If I remove the sub (child)folders then I can again access the emails in the parent folder.

So how can I create sub (chilc) folders without losing access to the emails already in the parent folder?

=ed
butchkemper
butchkemper

Emails now missing from Folder Empty Re: Emails now missing from Folder

Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:14 am
pandora-ed wrote:Under the main folder root I had a folder with several hundred emails.  I wanted to further organize them so I crested a couple of Sub (child) folders under it with the intend of then moving emails from the parent to the appropriate sub (child) folders.  But as soon as I created them all of the emails in the parent folder were no longer available.  Clicking on the  parent folder simply expands the folder tree to show the sub(child) folders.  

If I remove the sub (child)folders then I can again access the emails in the parent folder.  

So how can I create sub (chilc) folders without losing access to the emails already in the parent folder?

=ed

I do not know the answer as to why the mails disappear but I know how to find them again.

For demonstration purposes, let's start off with BigMailBox which contains lots of messages.

In the Mailboxes window right+click on BigMailBox, select new, and left+click to open a dialog box to create a new mailbox inside of BigMailBox.  Enter the name NewMailBox, select Create, and left+click. NewMailBox is now created in BigMailBox.  You can repeat this process to create  several more new mailboxes.

Double+left+click on BigMailBox and it opens to show you all the mailboxes created in BigMailBox.  You will not see any message that were in BigMailBox.  If you look in the ShowMailboxes window, BigMailBox will have a + to the left of the mailbox icon and the message count to the right of the name BigMailBox.Left+click on the + sign and a list of mailboxes in BigMailBox will be displayed..

Shift+double+left+click on BigMailBox and you will see all the message that are in BigMailBox.

You can remove NewMailBox by right+click on NewMailBox in the Mailboxes window, select Delete and left+click.

Pandora allows you to have mailboxes under mailboxes but not show mailboxes and messages at the same level.

Hope this helps.

Sometimes when I am moving messages to mailboxes using the drag and drop method, I sometimes hit the wrong mailbox which is Local Mailboxes which contains all my non system mailboxes.  Periodically, I do housekeeping by shift+left+click on Local Mailboxes to see any messages that are incorrectly filed and move them to the proper place.

Butch
pandora-ed

Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:41 am
HI Butch,
Thank you, the Shift+ LeftDoubleClick did open the parent mail box. Actually that key combination works to open any mailbox, so I am going to try to used it all the time.

I don't want to overly criticize the program development as it is a great replacement to Eudora (and all other email client in my book), but I know I would have never figured out that little keyboard combo.

I believe a more Windows centric solution would be to break up the "+" sign component from the mailbox logo/name component.
Clicking on the "+" sign would expand or reduce the mailbox in the "MailBox Explorer" panel, while LeftDoubleClick on the Mailbox logo/name component would actually open the mail box itself to show the contents.

Just my two cents worth
-ed

butchkemper
butchkemper

Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:12 pm
pandora-ed wrote:
I believe a more Windows centric solution would be to break up the "+" sign component  from the mailbox logo/name component.
Clicking on the "+" sign would expand or reduce the mailbox in the "MailBox Explorer" panel, while LeftDoubleClick on the Mailbox logo/name component would actually open the mail box itself to show the contents.

Ed,

Sometime when explaining something, I get bogged down in the minutia because I do not want to anything out for bear of being incomplete or misleading.  Later upon rereading, I see that if I left a lot of stuff out, the answer would have been clearer.  Oh well, I am glad to hear my explanation worked for you.  

Concerning your suggestion,  I am sure that Brana will see it.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum