Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message? Empty How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:58 pm
I've been using Pandora for just over two months and still don't understand how everything works, such as the multitude of powerful-looking search options.

I've been running Pandora in parallel with Eudora, working through operational issues (such as cleaning up imported mailboxes and filters, identifying a few bugs, and suggesting enhancements, all of which Brana has been extremely helpful with). I'm getting close to having all issues resolved, but am not quite there yet, and below is another one

In Eudora I commonly forward or reply only a part of a message that I had selected by dragging the mouse pointer over it, because for various reasons I might not want the recipient to be concerned with (or find out about) the non-selected parts of the message.

I have tried doing the same in Pandora, that is, selecting part of a message and then using the Forward or Reply to commands.

However this does not work at all the same as in Eudora, but ignores that part of the message body was selected and instead uses the entire body of the message.

I couldn't find anything in Help to explain this. What am I doing wrong or misunderstanding?
butchkemper
butchkemper

How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message? Empty Re: How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:41 pm
NotesTracker wrote:I've been using Pandora for just over two months and still don't understand how everything works, such as the multitude of powerful-looking search options.

I've been running Pandora in parallel with Eudora, working through operational issues (such as cleaning up imported mailboxes and filters, identifying a few bugs, and suggesting enhancements, all of which Brana has been extremely helpful with). I'm getting close to having all issues resolved, but am not quite there yet, and below is another one

In Eudora I commonly forward or reply only a part of a message that I had selected by dragging the mouse pointer over it, because for various reasons I might not want the recipient to be concerned with (or find out about) the non-selected parts of the message.

I have tried doing the same in Pandora, that is, selecting part of a message and then using the Forward or Reply to commands.

However this does not work at all the same as in Eudora, but ignores that part of the message body was selected and instead uses the entire body of the message.

I couldn't find anything in Help to explain this. What am I doing wrong or misunderstanding?

Here is what I have tried:

• Opened a message in the IN mailbox;
  • Set the mouse pointer at the starting point of text block, did a left-click-hold of the mouse pointer, dragged the cursor to highlight desired text, and left-click-release to complete desired text selection;
  • Used keyboard command Ctrl-R to create a reply message;
  • The new message only contains the highlighted block of text.
  • I tested the keyboard Ctrl-R and Ctrl-F commands, used the mouse pointer through the message menu list commands Reply and Forward, and the left-click of the tool bar short cuts for Reply and Forward to produce a new message with the selected text.
  • I have not been able to duplicate your results.  

If you have not already done so, I would suggest you contact Brana for guidance.

Butch
Tony Austin
Tony Austin

How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message? Empty Re: How can you forward or reply to only a selected part of a message?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:22 am
Thanks for your comment, Butch. It led me to the answer, which lies in your first step.

In Eudora you can reply to or to forward a selected part of a message from within the Preview Pane to, and this is all that I tried doing. However it seems that Pandora requires you to open the message first before you can select the subset of message body text to reply with or to forward.

I can live with this, but reckon that opening the message is an unnecessary extra step. Hopefully Brana will find time to tweak things to save that extra step and work directly from within the Preview Pane, just like Eudora does.

-- Tony Austin
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:11 pm
Starting with the next release (3.76) this will be possible.

To invoke this option for replies: Select a message, hold down Shift key, click Reply, check "Include selected text only", check "Save as Default Values" and hit Reply.
For forwarding - same as the above, except hit Forward button instead.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:57 pm
Thanks, Brana.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum