Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
markp

how to 'skip message over ?? K in size' ? Empty how to 'skip message over ?? K in size' ?

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:07 am
In Eudora it's possible to set a limit on the size of the initial email download:

- Tools > Options > Incoming Mail > [checkbox] Skip messages over ____ K in size
- individual personality: Incoming Mail > [checkbox] Skip messages over ____ K in size

While this was a really nice-to-have feature way back when Eudora first came out (anyone remember dial-up modems) and you wanted to insure Eudora didn't try downloading a huge spam file, I still use this primarily to short circuit downloading any (large) unwanted spam and/or attachments. Yeah, it also means I have to right-click emails and set the Server Status to 'Fetch', but I'm a glutton for punishment.

So far I haven't found any way to limit the size of the initial downloads ... am I missing something or is this option not in Pandora?

Thanks,
Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

how to 'skip message over ?? K in size' ? Empty Re: how to 'skip message over ?? K in size' ?

Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:35 pm
There is no skipping option. Granted some of those legacy features can be re-purposed but how reliable message size is as junk-indicator?

You can do this instead, it ain't the same thing but it's simple and reliable:
Say you have POP account MyAccount.
1. Right-click on Personality MyAccount, select > View Mail on Server.
2. Review messages, select, right-click and choose: Leave, Fetch, Delete, Leave then Delete.
3. Close Mail on Server window.
4. Your instructions will be executed on next mail check, so check mail for MyAccount.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum