Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rick

Using multiple computers with the same data Empty Using multiple computers with the same data

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:26 am
Hello,

I have to travel between two locations.

Each location has a computer and a laptop, and I use Dropbox to keep my data current.
When I change locations, I reboot the computer in the first location and make sure all programs are closed. Then I go the second location and I start using the computer. Dropbox does a marvelous job of keeping the data synchronized.

I purchased a multiple seat Windows Enterprise License and I use disk cloning to keep all of my computers windows 10 installation substantially the same.
I have an extra computer. The only time I use it is to keep my clone up to date. I make the necessary changes to update windows on the spare computer, then I make copies of the C drive and install a copy in every computer. The rest of the time the spare computer is off line.
I update the windows installation every 3 to 6 months, depending on the number of changes.
This way my windows installation is always fresh and up to date and this version of the windows installation is fresh and has never been used on a day to day basis.

Finally my question:
Will I need to buy a Pandora license for each computer?
If I need to buy a license for each computer, can I buy a license good for multiple computers, so there will only be one license code?
I want to avoid the need to reinstall a piece of software on every computer, every time after I deploy a new clone.

Thanks

Rick
butchkemper
butchkemper

Using multiple computers with the same data Empty Re: Using multiple computers with the same data

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:06 am
rick wrote:Hello,

I have to travel between two locations.

Each location has a computer and a laptop, and I use Dropbox to keep my data current.
When I change locations, I reboot the computer in the first location and make sure all programs are closed. Then I go the second location and  I start using the computer. Dropbox does a marvelous job of keeping the data synchronized.

I  purchased a multiple seat Windows Enterprise License and I use disk cloning to keep all of my computers windows 10 installation substantially the same.
I have an extra computer. The only time I use it is to keep my clone up to date.   I make the necessary changes to update windows on the spare computer, then I make copies  of the  C drive and install a copy in every computer. The rest of the time the spare computer is off line.
I update the  windows installation every 3 to 6 months, depending on the number of changes.
This way my windows installation is always fresh and up to date and this version of the windows installation is fresh and has never been used on a day to day basis.

Finally my question:
Will I need to buy a Pandora license for each computer?
If I need to buy a license for each computer, can I buy a license good for multiple computers,  so there will  only be  one license code?
I want to avoid the need to  reinstall a piece of software on every computer, every time after I deploy a new clone.

Thanks

Rick

I will try to answer your questions:

• Each computer running Pandora needs a single user license.
  • Pandora costs $14 for each license.  That is about the cost of a nice burger and beer on Friday evening after work.  Do not be cheap.  Support Brana and his development efforts with the purchase of single user licenses.
  • When you replace a computer that has Pandora license, you can move the license to the replacement computer.
  • Each license is good for all updates to a Pandora Release Series.  The current Release Series is 3 and the current Version is 3.7.4.  When the Release Series becomes 4, the old license will continue working but Pandora versions from the new Release Series can not be installed.  To update to a newer Release Series, you will have to buy a new license.

I hope my answers helped. If you need better answers, please contact Brana <support.egadgets@gmail.com>.

Butch
rick

Using multiple computers with the same data Empty Re: Using multiple computers with the same data

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:52 pm
Hello Butch,

I resent the implication that I am cheap.
My message clearly states I am asking for help to buy a multiple license.

Rick
dcrabb
dcrabb

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:12 pm
Rick,

Back in December of 2016 I asked Brana about that. My question was:

>Is it limited to a single computer or per user? I have been testing on three different systems; I am the only user here.

Brana's reply was:

>It's not time limited and it does not "expire". It's per user (not computer); you can install it on any number of computers.

So my assumption is that you can still use it on multiple machines, but might be best to confirm with Brana.

Doug Crabb
rick

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:28 pm
Hello Doug,

Thanks for the information.
I appreciate the fact that you read my question before you gave me an answer.

The nature of saving data on a cloud syncing system, is only one computer can use the data at one time, or else there will be problems with conflicting (duplicate) files.
I have Eudora installed 6 computers, but I only run one computer at a time. I have been doing this for more than 10 years and it "mostly" works. (as long as I remember to limit my use to one computer at a time)

I have followed Butches advice and I have contacted Brana.

I will update this post when I receive a reply.
Thanks again for the help

Rick

rick

Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:45 pm
I have received a very speedy replay from Brana.
His answer is essentially the same as stated by Doug.

Brana wrote to me:

" Indeed, you can purchase multiple licenses and receive a single license code. Of course, we have customers who wanted the opposite thing (that's possible too), what you are looking for is a default option (single user name, single code), just specify the quantity (6)."

I am looking forward to (finally) moving away from Eudora.

Rick
butchkemper
butchkemper

Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:47 pm
rick wrote:Hello Butch,

I resent the implication that I am cheap.
My message clearly states I am asking for help to buy a multiple license.

Rick

I apologize for the implication that you are cheap.

Butch
rick

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:59 am
Ok
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum