Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
timg11
timg11

Reset everything for a clean start? Empty Reset everything for a clean start?

Mon May 02, 2022 6:09 pm
I tried to import Eudora into Pandora, and ran into issues with CPU spikes from mailboxcat.exe that were causing mouse freezes and lost characters from the keyboard. I saw the thread on mailboxcat.exe and want to try the process to turn it off.

To perform a full reset and fresh start I propose these steps:

1) Uninstall Pandora
2) Delete contents of data folder
3) Re-install Pandora.

I will re-try the Eudora importing this way:
1) Shut down Eudora
2) Start Pandora import process at a time where it can run uninterrupted for 12+ hours.
3) Run Pandora and disable settings indexer in settings.

Is there any documentation for Pandora other than the features list https://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm and this forum?

butchkemper
butchkemper

Reset everything for a clean start? Empty Re: Reset everything for a clean start?

Mon May 02, 2022 7:34 pm
timg11 wrote:I tried to import Eudora into Pandora, and ran into issues with CPU spikes from mailboxcat.exe that were causing mouse freezes and lost characters from the keyboard. I saw the thread on mailboxcat.exe and want to try the process to turn it off.

To perform a full reset and fresh start I propose these steps:

1) Uninstall Pandora
2) Delete contents of data folder
3) Re-install Pandora.

I will re-try the Eudora importing this way:
1) Shut down Eudora
2) Start Pandora import process at a time where it can run uninterrupted for 12+ hours.
3) Run Pandora and disable settings indexer in settings.

Is there any documentation for Pandora other than the features list https://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm and this forum?

Having Eudora shutdown is essential to reduce the chances of something changing during the import process.

I would suggest not importing everything at once.  I would import each item separately, saving messages for last, and then in small groups.

Butch
timg11
timg11

Reset everything for a clean start? Empty Re: Reset everything for a clean start?

Tue May 03, 2022 3:54 pm
Thanks for the reply @butchkemper.

I don't recall seeing any options for dividing the message import into smaller units. Can you explain how that would work? I have a hierarchical structure of mailbox folders. Could I import each top-level folder one by one?

On the other hand, I can't drag out the process too long, since I would be unable to use email during the process.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Wed May 04, 2022 4:25 am
timg11 wrote:Thanks for the reply @butchkemper.

I don't recall seeing any options for dividing the message import into smaller units. Can you explain how that would work? I have a hierarchical structure of mailbox folders. Could I import each top-level folder one by one?

On the other hand, I can't drag out the process too long, since I would be unable to use email during the process.

I do not have any Eudora mailboxes remaining on my computer so this is what I remember:
  • Got to Tools, select Importing Witcher, and left+click.
  • Select Messages, and click Next.
  • Select Eudora and click in the box to browse to the Eudora Mail directory.
  • Here begins the memory.
  • Select the Mailboxes you wish to import and select Next|OK
  • Repeat to all Mailboxes are imported.

Hope this helps and I apologize if my memory is not exact.

Butch
timg11
timg11

Sun May 08, 2022 8:05 pm
Thanks @butchkemper, that is correct. I started over and found the tree in the message import.

I was successful in resetting by deleting everything in the PandoraMail data folder, and uninstalling and re-installing the application.

Maybe there's a faster/better way to do it? Anyone?

Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Mon May 09, 2022 9:40 am
Documentation for Pandora is available via the Help menu or by pressing F1, but is very patchy, and can be somewhat cryptic in parts. For importing there's only  a sentence or two. I have attempted to assist via several posts in this forum, and in one of my blogs ... Pandora Mail Client experiences. I chose this pathway because it's very quick and easy for me to use Open Live Writer (Windows app) to create and update documentation for Pandora.

Brana has told me that he would welcome others to step in and assist in creation of more extensive documentation, since he's flat out doing Pandora development work. I have wondered about using a shared editing tool such as DokuWiki, which I've looked at briefly but have no experience with, so there might be better tools to share this load. >>>>>> Any takers?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum