Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Empty Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED]

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:26 pm
I just updated and immediately have run into problems:

1. All received emails display in very small type

2. When I double click on a mailbox in the Mailbox Pane it doesn't open. I have to right-click and choose open.

Can I roll back or fix these somehow?

Mad Dog

P.S. I have found more:

- Text size for composing emails is tiny (and if I enlarge it, when I hit Enter the new text is tiny again.)
- It's also putting emails in the JUNK folder that never went in there before.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED]

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:57 pm
Mad Dog wrote:I just updated and immediately have run into problems:

1. All received emails display in very small type

2. When I double click on a mailbox in the Mailbox Pane it doesn't open. I have to right-click and choose open.

Can I roll back or fix these somehow?

Mad Dog

P.S. I have found more:

- Text size for composing emails is tiny (and if I enlarge it, when I hit Enter the new text is tiny again.)
- It's also putting emails in the JUNK folder that never went in there before.
Mad Dog,

I also have encountered the double+click on mailbox not opening problem and have submitted a bug report to Brana.

I have received an response to the bug report from Bran and the fix is:
  • Left+click on Menu item Settings,
  • Select General and shift+left+click,
  • Scroll to ExpandCollapseOnEnter and left+click,
  • Change the option value from 1 to 0,
  • Left+click on Change.

The double+click on the mailbox will now open the mailbox.

Butch

Last edited by butchkemper on Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Valever likes this post

Mad Dog

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED]

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:39 pm
Thanks Butch. That took care of the double click (though why it changed or how anyone would know to do that is a mystery).

I'm still having the other problems, including all incoming emails going into the JUNK folder. Maybe this will finally teach me not to update whenever a program says there's an update....
Mad Dog

Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:04 am
Another issue: Inline images aren't being displayed when I receive a new email. If I click the EDIT icon (pencil) they show up. Then I can save it and from then on the images are displayed. I never had this problem before the update. Is there a setting I can't find for this?

And this: Now when I Create a New Message, the Header area (the section with TO: FROM: SUBJECT: CC: etc) font is really big. Two or three times as large as the text in the email. Is there a setting to control the font size in this area separately? (This hasn't been a problem before)

Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:07 am
Inline images can be linked (to external servers, aka online images), or sent to you in full.
If you are talking about linked/online images hit View/Online Content/Allow All. If that doesn't help - can you send the sample?
If so - just save that message as eml-file, send it over it will be investigated.

If it's a sent image, just send the sample as described above.

As for the fonts, you can adjust sizes down to a pixel. Go to Settings/Fonts, adjust the size for Medium, Large etc, under Font Base Size frame.
Mad Dog

Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:55 am
Thanks for the info. I checked View/Online Content/Allow All but as an example, look at the email I got from this forum attached:

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Screen10

- I understand about how I can adjust the font sizes, but why is the header area so much larger when I Create a New Message?

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Header10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:28 am
No - _after_ you open the message, hit View/Online Content/Allow All. (Notice BTW, status bar Online Content image, to the right from Personality pane, where it reads MDP. You can click on that image as well and change the policy.)
When mailbox window is active, 'View/Online Content/Allow All' is applicable for that particular mailbox and Preview Pane.
To auto-apply mailbox policy to all it's messages:
1. Go to Settings/Viewing Mail/Online Content.
2. Check 'Inherit message Online Content policy from mailbox summary'.
3. Hit OK.

Headers/summary font is different from message font (interior) because that's how you set it up:
1. Go to Settings/Fonts.
2. Change 'Message and Text Files Defaults' and/or 'Mailbox Summary' fonts, sizes etc.
3. Hit OK.

As for your junk mail issue:
1. Go to Settings/Junk Mail.
2. Uncheck 'Technically invalid messages are junk'.
3. Hit OK.

Valever likes this post

Mad Dog

Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:26 pm
Thanks....making progress.

That fixed the images not being displayed in emails (though that changed with the new update, they always displayed before).

The text size is still a problem. "Message and Text File Defaults" changes the text size, but if I use Medium so the content of the email text size is good, the top TO/SUBJECT/etc area is still about three times the font size of the content area. When I change the font size they both change, but that top area is always about three times the font size. It didn't used to be that way. Also, what does "Mailbox Summary" text size affect? It doesn't seem to change anything I'm seeing. If I make it Humongous or Tiny, I don't see what's changing. What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help!
MD
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:56 pm
Ok, try this:
1. First set your ideal font size for headers (Settings/Fonts) either by changing default size to Very Small (under Message and Text File Defaults), or by redefining Medium (under Fonts Base Size).
(Keep in mind Medium has to be smaller than Large and larger than Small, so adjust all other values accordingly.)
2. Hit OK and open any draft, compare and contrast. Ignore message body for now.
3. When headers are perfect size, open the draft, hit 'View/Text Size/Medium'.
Message body text will probably be too small, if so:
4. Hold Shift and hit 'View/Text Size/Medium' to set Zoom Level to 100%.
Observe message body text size.
5. Hold Shift and hit 'View/Text Size/Medium' again to open Zoom Level dialog.
6. Enter your ideal zoom level, check 'Save as Default' box. Hit Zoom.

Note: You can change individual message, or preview pane, zoom level at any time with Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Up/Down.
Mad Dog

Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 pm
Whew! I think that did it. THANKS!

Will this stop that Zoom box from ever showing up again? Hopefully I'm back to being able to just Ctrl-Mousewheel when I need it without that showing up again.

Thanks for the instructions!
Davo

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Empty Unwanted Zoom box with Control+mouse wheel

Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:45 am
Mad Dog mentions Ctrl + mouse wheel for zooming, with no need for the Zoom box. I zoom the same way. My *only* dislike of the update is the unwanted appearance of Zoom box.

Question: What is the *simplest* way of permanently preventing the Zoom box when zooming with Ctrl+mouse?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:54 am
No it won't, but it's a different issue. It's just there to make you pause for a moment before zooming in/out beyond huge/tiny.
Remember, now you can specify zoom step, and define your own zoom-scale.

Davo: You can not turn off Zoom box from showing when you reach min/max level. There will be an option for that - Auto-Show button.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:13 am
And here was i thinking that I was the only one having a painful experience with the new (in v5.4.0.1) zoom options dialog box.

I still haven't worked out how it's meant to operate, step by step.

Also,  after you set the optical zoom (%)  value and click the "Dave as Default" button I kept thinking that it was all done so I would click the Cancel button to close the box, however apparently that really does cancel everything including the Save that you just did. I'm guessing that you're supposed to click the Zoom button to conform the Save -- so Zoom means "Save and Close the box and perform the Zoom operation", or what?

Another thing: I'm finding using Ctrl + Scroll Wheel can set the optical zoom (%) value to very small values (say 18%) or very large values (say 176%) depending on how much you happen to move the dcroll wheel. Then you put the mouxe cursor inside the optical zoom (%) field and it's painfully slow to alter the numerical value. You are not able to simply overtype the value to make a big jump in that value.

This is what it's doing to me ...

Problems after update to 5.4.0.1 [RESOLVED] Pandor64
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum