Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LesIn29
LesIn29

Pandora Won't Register or Quit Empty Pandora Won't Register or Quit

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 pm
I downloaded Pandora 3.3 and installed it. Copied and pasted in the series 3 registration information as per the instructions. Checked about on help menu and it still shows demo mode. Tried to exit but program won't quit. Quit in session menu is greyed out. Red X won't close program either.

Stopped program using task manager and restarted. Same problems. Again forced stop, uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no joy.

Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions. Same results.

Checked .ini file and it has registration info in it.

What to try now?

Les
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Pandora Won't Register or Quit Empty Re: Pandora Won't Register or Quit

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:30 pm
Hello Les,

First thing I would check is anti-virus app/Windows Defender. You can safely exclude Pandora from any residential/real-time anti-virus blocking and just scan your attachments-folder regularly.

It's usually under Settings/Applications > Pandora > Exclude from real-time protection.

Second, start Pandora as Administrator.

Make sure you have a full read-write access for your mail data folder and all sub-folders (and attachments folder if different).
LesIn29
LesIn29

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:39 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.

I assume you mean to exclude the Pandora data folder from real-time protection. Correct? I did that and ran Pandora in administrator mode. Now the registration credentials show in help/about. Also initially, quit is not greyed out. However when I click on quit it becomes greyed and the program does not exit. Still have to force stop using the task manager.

I verified that there is read/write access to all the directories and files in the data folder.

F.Y.I.
Running Windows 10 Home version 1903 on an Inspiron 660 with Intel i5-3340 processor and 8 GB RAM.
Data Folder is C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Pandora\Mail

LesIn29
LesIn29

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:39 pm
Any other suggestions?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:01 pm
Add Pandora program folder to the list (it's usually C:\Program Files\Pandora\).

There are few configuration non-user files that are stored inside the program folder (not mail data folder). Let us know if that resolves it.
LesIn29
LesIn29

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:58 pm
Okay, I uninstalled the program and deleted the data directory for the third time. Then reinstalled. Strangely all seems to work now.

Hopefully all will stay working.

Thanks!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum