Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brujo Feo

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Empty How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED]

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:13 am
I must be missing something...When I use "Tools," "Find Messages," how do I select which mailboxes it's searching?

Assume that I mis-clicked in transferring a message that I now need to find, and have NO idea which of several HUNDRED mailboxes now has the message.

All attempts to SELECT which mailboxes to search yield either "Zero Mailboxes checked," or at most "One mailbox checked." That doesn't help. I want to select maybe fifty of them, or maybe ALL of them to do a GLOBAL search.

What am I missing?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Empty Re: How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED]

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 am
There is one and only mailboxes tree, so we can have search criteria and mailboxes on one screen (better overview), but it's not invoked automatically, so hit View/Mailboxes (F5).
Brujo Feo

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Empty Still can't SELECT mailboxes for Search

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:39 pm
Yes, when I hit F5, I can see the tree. But even if I light up a mailbox (or folder with several mailboxes), when I then click "Tools," "Find Messages," it tells me: "Zero Mailboxes Selected."

I don't need to search WITHIN a mailbox; I need to search a LOT of mailboxes (maybe even ALL of them) to find messages that apparently I have misplaced. I can't find ANY way to select more than one mailbox!
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Empty Re: How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED]

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:03 am
There you go:

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Check boxes
Brujo Feo

How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? [RESOLVED] Empty How to Select Mailboxes for Search Function? RESOLVED

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:45 am
OK...I figured it out, but the solution was not what was shown in the last screen shot.

My version (v. 3.5.1.1) does NOT have those little checkable boxes next to mailboxes--ANYWHERE that I can find them.

But what does work, is in the Folders view, RIGHT-click the desired mailbox or folder. Then you get a drop-down menu that DOES include "Find Messages." Left-click that, and then the Search window will have all of the included mailboxes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 am
Search window does not include mailboxes tree. There is one and only mailboxes tree (View/Mailboxes or F5), where check-boxes are shown automatically when you invoke Find Messages.
Find Messages can be invoked when you:
1. Hit Tools/Find Messages from the main menu.
2. Right-click on a mailbox (from mailboxes tree) and choose Find Messages.

Note - if Mailboxes pane is not docked, switch the focus once in between Find Messages and Mailboxes pane to invoke check-boxes.
Brujo Feo

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:23 am
I was able to make check-boxes appear by NOT having the windows maximized as I toggled between them.

BUT...clicking on a mailbox makes the check-boxes disappear again. So if I want to check ten boxes, I have to toggle back and forth between the F5 mailbox view and the "Find Messages" Window. That's an awful lot of pointless mouse clicks. Very labor-intensive.

But it does work!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:17 pm
There was a bug where: When Mailboxes pane is floating, and you invoke any mailbox-tool that has a window (such as Find Messages or Trash Duplicates), from the pane (mailbox right-click), corresponding tool window does not become the active one (and focus remains on the pane). Consequently, as a sort of a butterfly-effect, check-boxes are not drawn until you manually switch the focus.

That's fixed now so upgrade to version 3.6 when it comes out.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum