Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
norman

Search by Date Empty Search by Date

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:51 pm
I might as well take advantage of my up time.
Is there any way to search my stored mail by Date (before, between after, on)—there are so many options, I may very well have missed this one?
And while I'm here, how does one use the sort by <<Label>> option?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Search by Date Empty Re: Search by Date

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:44 pm
No you did not. No search by Date yet (somehow it's always pushed forward), as a work-around you can have some RegEx fun. Are there any RegEx experts around (eppack)?
eppack

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:15 pm
Heh! You give me too much credit, Brana Smile I don't claim to be a regex expert, far from it, but I do use a free windows app called Rad Software Regular Expression Designer that can construct expressions. I only use it to locate text within email headers by entering "(first value)|(optional second value)" and so on, which is easy-peasy.

elaine
who also has suggested a search by date Smile

PS After I sent this, I learned that the one I recommended no longer has a website. I have had the installer forever, tho, and can post it somewhere if anyone is interested. There are plenty of others out there too, tho, I'm sure.

Last edited by eppack on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
eppack

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:53 pm
After some poking around, I did find that an expression like this (which I did not create from scratch, trust me):

((0[1-9]|1[0-2])/(0[1-9]|[12]\d|3[01])/[12]\d{3})

does state that the date "08/07/2018" (which happens to be my birthday Smile resolves as a valid date. (I had to turn the code around to use format MM/DD/YYYY and changed hyphens to slashes for this test, which is most common in the US, although the original, YYYY-MM-DD would work better with a compare. YMMV) But that said, I don't know if there is a way to *compare* date values pulled from a regex, or where I'd even put it in the Pandora Find Messages dialog. Brana?

elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:17 am
Have you tried: Any Header matches RegExp

Then go with some pattern that not only matches RFC date format, but particular date/age as well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:13 am
nah forget it, it's done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum