Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
urbite

Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install Empty Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:09 pm
Hey Pandorians - new user-to-be here.

My old Win 7 laptop, which was hosting Eudora, has died (cooling fan). I've pulled the drive, it's intact and connected to my Win 10 PC via SATA-to-USB 3 adapter. I'd like to finally move from to Pandora on my Win 10 laptop.

After I install Pandora, can I import my Eudora emails + attachments without having Eudora installed? I don't want to replace the cooling fan on my laptop at this time, as it is a rather involved process. I'd prefer to just take the plunge and migrate to Pandora.

I've been planning to do this for a while, so in the past I've purchased both Pandora as well as Brana's Eudora Mail Tools. I no longer see the mail tools on the Pandora website, so don't know if Mail Tools have been totally supplanted by the Pandora Importer.

I have my Win 7 hard drive connected to my Win 10 PC, so all of the Eudora data and program directories are accessible. When I ran Eudora Mail Tools it wants to be supplied the path to the Eudora install, but Eudora was never installed on my Win 10 PC.

I've been running Eudora since the late 90's and rarely delete emails. So my Eudora folder is around 11 GB, and I want to transfer it all to Pandora.

Also, I've purchased Pandora (within the past year, I *think*). But the receipt and registration information are in an email in my one of my Eudora mailboxes, which are notdirectly accessible without a working version of Eudora. Is there a way for me to confirm that I have paid an to recover this registration info?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install Empty Re: Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:06 pm
urbite wrote:Hey Pandorians - new user-to-be here.

My old Win 7 laptop, which was hosting Eudora, has died (cooling fan). I've pulled the drive, it's intact and connected to my Win 10 PC via SATA-to-USB 3 adapter. I'd like to finally move from to Pandora on my Win 10 laptop.

After I install Pandora, can I import my Eudora emails + attachments without having Eudora installed? I don't want to replace the cooling fan on my laptop at this time, as it is a rather involved process. I'd prefer to just take the plunge and migrate to Pandora.

I've been planning to do this for a while, so in the past I've purchased both Pandora as well as Brana's Eudora Mail Tools. I no longer see the mail tools on the Pandora website, so don't know if Mail Tools have been totally supplanted by the Pandora Importer.

I have my Win 7 hard drive connected to my Win 10 PC, so all of the Eudora data and program directories are accessible. When I ran Eudora Mail Tools it wants to be supplied the path to the Eudora install, but Eudora was never installed on my Win 10 PC.

I've been running Eudora since the late 90's and rarely delete emails. So my Eudora folder is around 11 GB, and I want to transfer it all to Pandora.

Also, I've purchased Pandora (within the past year, I *think*). But the receipt and registration information are in an email in my one of my Eudora mailboxes, which are notdirectly accessible without a working version of Eudora. Is there a way for me to confirm that I have paid an to recover this registration info?

When you start the Import process, Pandora wants to know what your want to import.  Select Messages and Pandora want to know which program would to import from?  The answer is Eudora and the location of the Eudora data folder .  The reason for "Eudora" is to establish the mailbox type.

The same question and answer for accounts, contacts, filters, and labels.

Depending on when you purchased a license for Pandora, you may have to purchase a new license to install the current version.  Pandora licenses are "version licenses" which means a license purchased when version 3 was current, is good for future updates of version 3 but not beyond.  Your license never expires and Pandora does not stop working.  Version 3 is the current version and you can install version 3 updates.  However, when version 4 comes out, version 3 will continue to run with the version 3 license but you can not install version 4 without purchasing a new license.

Good luck,

Butch
urbite

Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install Empty Re: Move Eudora data from dead PC to new Pandora install

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 am
I purchased a new license approximately 5 hours ago. Although I immediately received a PayPal payment confirmation, I still haven't received the registration code.

Does anyone know how long this takes? For most software purchases this is automated and is almost immediate. But since Pandora isn't an big enterprise, maybe it takes a day.
rick

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:18 am
I purchased mine in the afternoon, and the next morning I had the email with the license code. I happened to be away from my computer so I am not sure when it came in

Rick
butchkemper
butchkemper

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:47 pm
urbite wrote:I purchased a new license approximately 5 hours ago. Although I immediately received a PayPal payment confirmation, I still haven't received the registration code.

Does anyone know how long this takes? For most software purchases this is automated and is almost immediate. But since Pandora isn't an big enterprise, maybe it takes a day.

Are you still waiting?

Butch
urbite

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:11 am
Thanks to all who responded. I received my license the next day. It was as I suspected, the license isn't auto-generated, it's Brana-generated Very Happy

I got all of my Eudora mail moved and have been using Pandora for 3-4 weeks now. So far it's generally working well. There are some issues and questions I have, probably things where I haven't yet figured out how Pandora does things.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 am
Good, if you have questions that maybe other users can benefit from (or provide answers to) feel free to post it here.
You may be able to find some answers (posted previously) as well.
Of course you can send direct feedback via e-mail (Help/Send Feedback) from Pandora.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum