Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brujo Feo

Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection Empty Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:28 am
I've got 559 messages in my inbox. Yesterday I had over 1,600, and I need to read that one from, let's say, "Bob."

So I click on "Who," and in Eudora, I would start to type "Bob," and the list would immediately jump to where I needed to be.

But in Pandora, NOTHING happens. And with so many messages, rolling the mouse wheel would take FOREVER. So I have to take my hand off the KB, reach for the mouse, and then drag the slider to where it needs to be. Faster than scrolling with the wheel, but still uselessly slow. How to make the list of messages respond to the keyboard input?

Also, let's say that you're listed by "Size," or maybe "Subject," and you want to go to "Date & Time." HOW??? (Except with the mouse--and using a mouse is ALWAYS a time-waster.) Hitting "D" with just about ANY key combo (ALT, CTRL, CTRL + SHFT, whatever) simply deletes whatever message is lit up. WHAT KEY(s) activates those switches?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection Empty Re: Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:52 am
Brujo Feo wrote:I've got 559 messages in my inbox. Yesterday I had over 1,600, and I need to read that one from, let's say, "Bob."

So I click on "Who," and in Eudora, I would start to type "Bob," and the list would immediately jump to where I needed to be.

When you start typing, say "Bob", notice the bar at the bottom. Make sure Match Who is checked. First matching message is selected.

That way you can auto-select without changing current sorting order, you don't have to type fast, you can see what you typed, and of course you can search-to-select based on more than 1 column (ex. Subject + Label).

When the focus is on the text box, hit Down/Up arrows for next/previous match.

You can also choose to show matching messages only [Show button].

Brujo Feo wrote:
Also, let's say that you're listed by "Size," or maybe "Subject," and you want to go to "Date & Time." HOW??? (Except with the mouse--and using a mouse is ALWAYS a time-waster.) Hitting "D" with just about ANY key combo (ALT, CTRL, CTRL + SHFT, whatever) simply deletes whatever message is lit up. WHAT KEY(s) activates those switches?

No, Alt+D is correct one.
Ctrl+D is Message/Delete.
Is there anything specific to your keyboard? Re-mapped or different layout perhaps.
Do you have AutoHotKey or similar utility running?
Brujo Feo

Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection Empty Partial Resolution

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 pm
OK, I found out why the ALT + D (or O for "Who," etc.) switch wasn't working. My keyboard sometimes was setting the "CTRL" key all by itself.

But once I have selected "Who," starting to type the name of a sender does NOT move the list of emails to the appropriate place, the way it did in Eudora. It just sits there. For example, I have an email from "Kelli" highlighted. I want to view the one from "Lauren," which is way out of sight below the bottom of my screen. So I start to type "Lauren." And nothing happens.It just sits there, with the email from "Kelli" still highlighted. (Wait a minute...an update. Now it's jumping to the unread message, without regard to who sent it. ???)

I can upload a short video of it doing this, if that would help.

And no, no keystroke logger. I do use ActiveWords (which never caused any issues with Eudora), but turning it off makes no difference.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection Empty Re: Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 am
If Ctrl is loose/keyboard is malfunctioning that explains it (it's not caused by a keystroke logger).

As for the auto select, check Who and Subject buttons on a status-bar as shown here, and you are all set:

Another Eudora Function that Pandora Desperately Needs--Message Selection Auto select

To invoke Auto-Select/Show Bar just start typing (you do not have to switch the focus to a text box), or hit F3.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum