Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
markp

unable to import an account/personality Empty unable to import an account/personality

Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:44 pm
Eudora: 7.1.0.9
Pandora: 4.3.0.1 (demo mode)

Tools > Importing Witcher > Accounts > Eudora > then ...

• tried importing all 22 of my Eudora personalities, importer says '22 account(s) Imported.', but nothing shows up in Pandora's Personalities window

OK, maybe this is a bug with running in demo mode so ...

• tried (several times) to import a single Eudora personality (eg, Default (aka <Dominant>), one of the other 21 personalities), importer says 'One account(s) Imported.', but, again, nothing shows up in Pandora's Personalities window

I also verified the import was not written into Pandora's <Dominant> personality, ie, the <Dominant> personality is blank.

What am I missing?

Where did the imported accounts/personalities go to?

NOTE: I was able to import labels and one of my mailbox folders ... so some aspect of the Import Witcher is working.

Thanks,
Mark

-----------------------------

ps - under the Pandora/Mail/Import folder is a file named ExportedPersonas.tmp which *does* contain the details for my Eudora default/<Dominant> personality, so it looks like the Import Witcher was able to export from Eudora but at this point I (still) can't figure out if and/or where the data was imported (into Pandora)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

unable to import an account/personality Empty Re: unable to import an account/personality

Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:25 pm
Thanks for trying Pandora.

Demo-Mode is restricted to 1 Personality only. You can not create or import Personalities in Demo-Mode.
markp

unable to import an account/personality Empty Re: unable to import an account/personality

Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:38 pm
Thanks. I misread the '1 Personality only' as meaning I could import a single personality.

Would probably clear up some confusion if the product, instead of falsely stating '22 accounts(s) Imported', printed something along the lines of 'importing accounts/personalities only allowed with the paid version'
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:13 pm
Indeed. Importer was not aware of Demo-Mode. It's fixed now, for the upcoming release.

markp likes this post

markp

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:09 am
update: running in 'paid/registered' mode and can now import my 22 personalities
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum