Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LJWolfe
LJWolfe

IMAP problem Empty IMAP problem

Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:50 am
Now that POP is working, I'm adding my IMAP accounts, starting with one I'm not as worried about losing mail on. It's a

Good thing, because there were two messages in the In box, each duplicated (so, it looked like four messages).

I deleted one of each in Pandora. I didn't do anything with the Trash box.

Then I went to the web interface and discovered that both messages were gone. No sign of either in the inbox, trash, or anywhere else.

The settings on this box are:
- When I delete a message, mark it as deleted is ticked.
- Expunge deleted messages is unchecked.
- Leave mail on server is checked (duh, it's IMAP).
- Delete from trash after # days is unchecked, When emptied from trash is checked.

Fortunately the two messages the went poof were just notifications about the new sign-in, so it's no great loss, but I'd like to fix this before something important disappears on me.

---------

And while I was looking at this again I noticed another problem -- it was supposed to be checking my w***@yahoo.com account but it signed into my l***@sbcglobal.net (POP) account as IMAP instead. I have two sbcglobal email accounts (one is a sub-account of the other) that I access as POP plus two separate yahoo accounts left over from before they merged that are set up as IMAP in Eudora. I'm able to log into all four individually with both PopPeeper and MailWasher, so I know they are in fact four separate accounts. So how do I disconnect the IMAP for the w***@yahoo.com account from l***@sbcglobal.net so I can check it with Pandora? The email address and username in Properties are both w*@yahoo.com.

Hopefully that all made since. :-)

Thanks!

Thanks!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum