Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Robertcz

Delay Eudora import Empty Delay Eudora import

Thu May 14, 2020 6:31 am
Hi,
I am interested in moving to Pandora. However, until I try it and feel comfortable and buy a licence, I want to delay importing my Eudora email.
My questions:
1) if I choose to do a Eudora import in future, will it work the same as if I had done an import immediately after Pandora installation?
2) if I import Eudora once I have already started using Pandora for one account, will the import clobber/damage the material I already have in Pandora?

Also one licencing question:
My general approach is to sync out my home disk to a portable drive, then I copy files from the portable drive to my work machine. This includes my Eudora data files at the moment.
3) If I choose to do the same with Pandora, can I therefore have one licence to cover the two machines, as I will only ever use one machine at any one time.
It's Ok if not, as I can always RDP to my home machine, but a local instance is always better.

Thank you so much for creating Pandora. I tried pegasus, but I find its filter model confusing compared to Eudora (which I assume Pandora replicates).

Cheers,
Robert
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Delay Eudora import Empty Re: Delay Eudora import

Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 pm
Hello Robert,

Robertcz wrote:Hi,
I am interested in moving to Pandora.  However, until I try it and feel comfortable and buy a licence, I want to delay importing my Eudora email.
My questions:
1) if I choose to do a Eudora import in future, will it work the same as if I had done an import immediately after Pandora installation?

Import works exactly the same regardless of Pandora installation date.

Robertcz wrote:2) if I import Eudora once I have already started using Pandora for one account, will the import clobber/damage the material I already have in Pandora?

Imported mailboxes are stored independently from your system or any of your user mailboxes. All imported mailboxes are stored under Import mailbox/branch.
Nothing is merged automatically.

Note however contacts will be stored inside folders, which are stored inside the root of your main Address Book folder.

Robertcz wrote:
Also one licencing question:
My general approach is to sync out my home disk to a portable drive, then I copy files from the portable drive to my work machine. This includes my Eudora data files at the moment.
3) If I choose to do the same with Pandora, can I therefore have one licence to cover the two machines, as I will only ever use one machine at any one time.
It's Ok if not, as I can always RDP to my home machine, but a local instance is always better.

Yes, you need 1 license only.
Robertcz

Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 am
Thank you so much!
In that case I will test and probably purchase on the weekend.
Kind regards,
Robert
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 am
You bet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: