Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LJWolfe
LJWolfe

Import not getting all message content, take 2 Empty Import not getting all message content, take 2

Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:17 pm
Since my last post on this had multiple questions and this one got lost in the shuffle, I'm reposting as a separate topic.

On 28 Dec I wrote:
LJWolfe wrote:Since I can't really evaluate Pandora as a Eudora substitute in demo mode, I paid for a license and started working towards importing decades of Eudora. Baby steps, started by importing accounts, contacts, labels, and stationery. Stationery said it worked but the stationery list is still empty. No biggie, I don't use a lot, so on to importing mailboxes.

I picked a small mailbox, 57 messages, 149K. It looked good at first, with the labels all there, but when I started looking at the messages several of them were empty! No apparent rhyme or reason as to which have content and which don't.

And on 5 Jan:
LJWolfe wrote:But I think I know what happened. That was my first mailbox import and when it sat on the same message for a long time I figured it had hung and cancelled the import. I'll try importing that box again, but if a relatively small box like that takes that long I hate to think how long importing the rest of my mail will take :-(.

So I tried again (on a different box) and waited for the import to finish. In a mailbox of 69 messages, about 50 are blank. Of the ones that aren't blank, some look correct and others have all of the line breaks stripped out.

Toggling between plain and HTML has no effect. (Side note: In the menu it says CTRL+/ toggles between plain and HTML. The Hotkeys list says CTRL+/  is Make a Card. Pretty sure I didn't change that, and it's not the first time I've found the menu suggestion for a hotkey to be wrong.)

This was the Out box, so if I open a message there's no pencil edit option, but the body is completely empty.

If I select more than one of the blank messages, the text that should be there (at least the first couple of lines) shows up in the Reader's Digest.

If I open the .mbi file in Notepad the text for the "blank" messages are there. Looking at a message that displays and one that looks blank, the "PART_BOUNDARY" on both is:

Code:
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250"

In case this being a system box makes a difference I imported another small box. 268 messages, 221 blank, 45 look OK,  2 have broken formatting (1 with line breaks stripped, one with line breaks added). This box has things I moved out of the system Out box, in case them not being received messages makes a difference.

Hopefully that covers everything that might be useful for troubleshooting. Since I have 784 mailboxes in Eudora, getting import working is a non-trivial issue  What a Face .

Thanks!
LJWolfe
LJWolfe

Import not getting all message content, take 2 Empty Re: Import not getting all message content, take 2

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:29 am
With the "20 minutes to open the mailboxes after filtering" issue solved, I think this is now my biggest issue. I'm still downloading new mail in both E and P, but would like to be able to settle on just one. :-)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum