Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ColRose

Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit Empty Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 am
I am trying to set up Pandora on my wife's laptop (Win 10 64bit) as she does not have an email client. I need to import contacts and emails into her Pandora from my Outlook 365 (Desktop Win 10 64bit). Neither of us like Outlook having grown up with Eudora - I can put up with it, she cannot!. Where do a put the Outlook *.pst file so that Importer on the Laptop can find it?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit Empty Re: Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:38 pm
ColRose wrote:I am trying to set up Pandora on my wife's laptop (Win 10 64bit) as she does not have an email client. I need to import contacts and emails into her Pandora from my Outlook 365 (Desktop Win 10 64bit). Neither of us like Outlook having grown up with Eudora - I can put up with it, she cannot!. Where do a put the Outlook *.pst file so that Importer on the Laptop can find it?

I have never used Outlook so I am just offering a guess.  

Create a directory structure on the laptop that mimics the directory structure on the machine where the Outlook *.pst file originated.  Then copy the Outlook *.pst file to the correct location and run the Pandora Importing Witch. This may be easier for me to say than for you to do.

An alternative may be to install Outlook on the laptop, move *.pst file into the right place, use the Pandora Importing Witch, and then uninstall Outlook.

Perhaps Brana will have a better idea.

Butch
ColRose

Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit Empty Re: Importing into Pandora 64 bit from Outlook 365 64bit

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 am
Thanks Butch. A good suggestion BUT I have only one license for Outlook 365, courtesy of my son's family subscription. An alternative would be to install Pandora on my Desktop, run the importing Witch and then copy all the data files to the Pandora data folder on the Laptop BUT (there always is a but!) I have Eudora installed on the Desktop, which I use to access emails going back to 1990, and the 64 bit importer only sees Eudora and won't let me import from Outlook. This could be fixed if I knew which file(s) the importer was looking for to 'see' Eudora.

I will wait until I get more feedback or ideas from Brana.

Cheers
Colin
butchkemper
butchkemper

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:13 am
ColRose wrote:Thanks Butch. A good suggestion BUT I have only one license for Outlook 365, courtesy of my son's family subscription. An alternative would be to install Pandora on my Desktop, run the importing Witch  and then copy all the data files to the Pandora data folder on the Laptop BUT (there always is a but!) I have Eudora installed on the Desktop, which I use to access emails going back to 1990, and the 64 bit importer only sees Eudora and won't let me import from Outlook. This could be fixed if I knew which file(s) the importer was looking for to 'see' Eudora.

I will wait until I get more feedback or ideas from Brana.

Cheers
Colin

Okay, your suggestion to install Pandora on the Desktop and then run the Import Witch is the correct move.

When I run the Import Witch, I select Contacts, click Next, and then select Office Outlook.  I can not go any further because I do not have Office Outlook installed.

Make sure the importer you are using matches the Office Outlook version.  Both 32bit and 64bit versions of the Import Witch are available on the Pandora Website.

Good luck.

Butch
ColRose

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 am
OK, that worked. I used the 32 bit Import Witch (it does allow me to select Outlook) and imported 302 of 329 contacts and 1,800 messages - that seems to be most of them.

When we used to use Eudora we had one mail data folder on the Desktop and Eudora, on the Laptop, was directed to that data folder which was connected as a network drive. Worked very well as long as only one person at a time was using Eudora. Does anyone have experience in using Pandora in the same way?

Cheers
Colin
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum