Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LesIn29
LesIn29

Find Messages Hangs Up Empty Find Messages Hangs Up

Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:48 pm
I tried use find to search all messages for a single term (brand name) but it produces no results even after over an hour. So, I click the "Stop" button at the lower right of the Find Messages window but that does nothing. Quit on the Session tab won't stop the program, Ctrl+Q doesn't work, nor does clicking the X at the top right. The only way I can get it to stop is to use task manager to force the entire program to stop.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Les
JeremyNicoll
JeremyNicoll

Find Messages Hangs Up Empty Re: Find Messages Hangs Up

Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:25 am
it would be helpful if you told us which version of Pandora you have.

Also, if there's more than one way of starting a search, tell us how you did it.
LesIn29
LesIn29

Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:43 am
I'm using version 5.4.0.1

To start the search I right click on "Mail" at the top of the list of mailboxes, choose find messages, then enter the search term, verify that all mailboxes are checked, and then click "Search."
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:36 am
On occasions, across various Pandora Mail versions, I too have found search impossible to terminate via the Stop button. Always had to use Task Manager to kill Pandora and then relaunched it each time. I seem to recall mentioning this ine some other forum thread(s).

Never worked out why this happens. I know this is not shedding light on the issue, but am just adding my voice to this discussion.
LesIn29
LesIn29

Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:49 pm
I'm now using version 5.6.0.1 and still have the same problem. Clicking the "Stop" button at the lower right of the Find Messages window does nothing.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:34 pm
Not saying it's in any way related to the above, bur similarly I'm finding that every now and then -- lately a few times per week -- Pandora Mail freezes during filtering of incoming messages, and has to be terminated via Task Manager. Haven't lost any incoming messages though, but very occasionally they get duplicated in the first mail check when Pandora is restarted.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum