Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
butchkemper
butchkemper

Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages Empty Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:41 am
I am changing from Eudora email client to Pandora.  I almost have every thing working except for specifying a default Signature.  I have not found the place to set which signature is the default.

Thank you for your assistance.

Butch
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages Empty Re: Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am
To make sure that every signature exist in default and alternative format (plain text vs HTML) edit every signature that you imported (signature was created outside Pandora's editors), at least once before using it.
1. View/Signatures > Right-click > Edit.
2. Commit some small change and hit Save.
3. When prompted (to update the signature in alternative format) hit 'Update'.

Default format is specified under Settings/Composing Mail/Formatting. (So if HTML is checked, Plain Text is your alternative format.)

To edit the signature in alternative composition format:
1. View/Signatures > Right click.
2. Hold down Shift key > Edit.
3. Review the signature, make sure it looks all right.
4. If you committed changes, when prompted (to update the signature in main format) hit 'Leave' (that you already did - manually).

Other than that:
1. View/Personalities > Right click.
2. Click on Composing Mail button, choose the signature and hit OK.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages Empty Re: Signatures - How to Set Default Signature for All New Messages

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:13 pm
Thank you for the instructions which helped my understanding. The ALT key is the path to additional settings.  

The default selection for signature is <None> as in when I click on the NEW MESSAGE button, the window opens with the default signature selection is <None>.  What I want is that window to open with the name of a signature that I have selected to be the default.

Eudora has Tools -> Options-> Composing Mail and a box labeled Signature where one of the signatures is selected as default. On that same Option window is another box labeled  Default Stationary to specify the default.

Thank you.

Butch
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 pm
butchkemper wrote:Thank you for the instructions which helped my understanding. The ALT key is the path to additional settings.  

The default selection for signature is <None> as in when I click on the NEW MESSAGE button, the window opens with the default signature selection is <None>.  What I want is that window to open with the name of a signature that I have selected to be the default.

Eudora has Tools -> Options-> Composing Mail and a box labeled Signature where one of the signatures is selected as default. On that same Option window is another box labeled Default Stationary to specify the default.

In Eudora some Dominant settings were listed twice, probably leftover from earlier versions which had only one personality. You have the same two boxes under Dominant.
So:
1. View/Personalities > Select Dominant > Right-click > Properties.
2. Click on Composing Mail button > There are two boxes - Default Signature and Default Stationery.
3. Choose your default stationery and signature, hit OK.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:32 pm
Thank you for the quick reply.

Now, having seen the solution, it should have be obvious to me of where to look.

Thank you.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum