Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harry

Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter) Empty Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter)

Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:45 pm
HELP!!!

I am actually stuck in the Demo Mode In Box, and cannot change Mailboxes.

I cannot download new messages.

Why can I not exit Demo Mode? How did I get into Demo Mode???

Pandora has worked well in the past but will not download new messages.

I have reinstalled Pandora to no avail.

I am a registered and paid user.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter) Empty Re: Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter)

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:42 am
Harry wrote:HELP!!!

I am actually stuck in the Demo Mode In Box, and cannot change Mailboxes.

I cannot download new messages.

Why can I not exit Demo Mode? How did I get into Demo Mode???

Pandora has worked well in the past but will not download new messages.

I have reinstalled Pandora to no avail.

I am a registered and paid user.
Harry,

See this previous Post.

Butch
Harry

Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter) Empty Re: Cannot Exit Pandora Demo Mode (whch I did not willfully enter)

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:53 am
Cannot access the folder where I have me registration info.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:34 am
Harry wrote:Cannot access the folder where I have me registration info.

Harry,

You are not providing any useful information information that I can use to help you.

Why are you unable to "access the folder where I have me registration info"?  Provide some detail.

I put my Pandora into Demo mode by appending the letter x to the end of my name in the registration box and then I update the registration.  I restarted Pandora, and a dialog opened stating Demo Mode was active and requested a click on either a "Buy Now", "Register", or "Buy Later" button. I clicked on "Buy Later".

Pandora opened up and all mailboxes were viewable but I had only one personality - <Dominant>.  I was able to open any mailbox and view all emails even the ones back to .April 1998.

So, exactly where are you stuck?  If it is a dialog window, what is the text and what are the options for you to select.

Butch
Harry

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:41 pm
Butch,

I am stuck in the "In Folder"

The Header says "Pandora:DEMO MODE - In"

I did not willfully enter "Demo Mode"

Reinstalling Pandora does not help.

I can indeed open messages in the In box, but cannot change folders.

I cannot download new message and last message visible is 07/20/23

I cannot access any other folder than "In" . If I attempt to access another folder, absolutely nothing happens. I remain in the "In" Folder.

I do not know what other potentially "useful information" I can offer...

Particularly frustrating since Pandora has operated well for years.

Appreciate any advice!

-Harry

Harry

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:46 pm
Also, I like to have the newest messages at the top, but I can no longer reorder the mailbox by clicking "Date and Time"

Isn't there a way I can exit this Demo Mode that seems to be causing the difficulties?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:03 pm
Harry wrote:Butch,

I am stuck in the "In Folder"

The Header says "Pandora:DEMO MODE - In"

I did not willfully enter "Demo Mode"

Reinstalling Pandora does not help.

I can indeed open messages in the In box, but cannot change folders.

I cannot download new message and last message visible is 07/20/23

I cannot access any other folder than "In" .   If I attempt to access another folder, absolutely nothing happens. I remain in the  "In" Folder.

I do not know what other potentially "useful information" I can offer...

Particularly frustrating since Pandora has operated well for years.

Appreciate any advice!

-Harry

Harry wrote:
Also, I like to have the newest messages at the top, but I can no longer reorder the mailbox by clicking "Date and Time"

Isn't there a way I can exit this Demo Mode that seems to be causing the difficulties?
Harry,

Running the Pandora installer replaces the modules in the Pandora program directory and installs any data files that are missing but existing data files are not disturbed.  Since the program modules are stored in a Windows protected location that is separate from the Pandora data files, the chances of a program module being damaged is extremely small.  Most problems like you are having are caused by damaged data files.  So, running the Pandora Installer will not help.

Sounds like Pandora is at the beginnings of Demo Mode.

When Pandora starts without valid Registration information, a Demo Mode window opens with three choices: 1 )Buy Now; 2) Register; 3) Buy later.  This happens because Pandora does not understand the Registration information, ie, something is not right with the Username and Serial Number combination.  

With the Demo Mode window open, you can do anything until you make a choice on that window - I think this is where you are stuck - so left+click on choice 3, Buy later.  This choice will cause Pandora to proceed into Demo Mode and you will have access to one Personality and all mailboxes.

The registration information is contained in the Pandora.ini file located in the Panda data directory.  Have you made changes to  the Pandora.ini file using any method other than the Pandora Settings menu?  Have you manually edited the file?

To see the Registration information that Pandora has,  left+lick on Help, select Registration, left+click, and the Registration Window will open where the User Name and Serial Number are shown.  Does the User Name and Serial number match the email information you received when you purchased Pandora? If it does not match, then you will be in Demo Mode.

The Registration information looks like:
  • User Name - The first and last name of the person who purchased the license.
  • Serial Number - A number with this format 7 digits, dash, 8 digits, dash, 9 digits, dash, 8 digits.

Once you fully get into Demo mode, you will have access to all messages so find the one with the Pandora Registration information and reenter the Registration information.

Hope this helps

Butch
Harry

Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:25 am
Dammit.

I am stuck in Demo Mode, but cannot change folders to the "Admin" folder where I think I have that message.

How can I communicate with you privately to solve this problem and use the Pandora that I registered and paid for?

Thank you, -Harry
Harry

Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:26 am
What if I just pay for it again and start afresh.
Harry

Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:27 am
Can't you just override and solve my problem????
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:37 am
Harry, try Run as Administrator.
During that session - register (Help/Registration).

To change your data folder:
1. Hit View/Mailboxes, right-click on root item.
2. Hit Change, select your new data folder.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:07 am
Harry wrote:Dammit.

I am stuck in Demo Mode, but cannot change folders to the "Admin" folder where I think I have that message.

How can I communicate with you privately to solve this problem and use the Pandora that I registered and paid for?

Thank you,  -Harry

Harry,

Look back at my last message where I made several suggestions for you to try.  Did you try them or not?

Do a screen shot of the window and post it for review  Perhaps that will help me see what is happening.  Do this first before anything else

You can browse the Pandora data folder using the Windows File Explorer and open the mailbox files using Notepad++ to view the message with the registration data.  Of course the messages will not be formatted but the registration data will be recognizable.  

Butch
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:25 am
Harry,

Email me with your telephone number and we can work out a time for me to call you..  On the call we can work through what ever is causing your problem.  My email address is butch at kemperfamily.us.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum