Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bob Osann

Questions on Spelling and Junk Empty Questions on Spelling and Junk

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:00 pm
I have been using Pandora for over a year now since multiple ISPs I am forced to use have stopped supporting Eudora. Overall, I am very pleased with Pandora and greatly appreciate not being forced to use Outlook. I'm currently using Pandora version 5.7.0.1, and I thought I would mention a few issues that have cost me significant time to see if anyone else has the same problems:

1) Junk -- When I right click on an email in the list and choose "junk score" and then click on "junk", I would expect that any email from that sender would thereafter be considered junk regardless of where my junk threshold is currently set. That's not what happens, and now that we are into an intense political season I am getting bombarded with messages from people I want to exclude. No matter how many times I declare them as "junk", I continue to receive their emails.

2) Spelling -- when I first installed Pandora a year ago, right clicking on a word underlined in red would show a list of possible alternate spellings for the misspelled or unknown word. Although on rare occurrence that is still what happens, however for many months now 99% of the time when I right-click on a word I simply receive a list with the word "spelling" appearing at the bottom. Then if I click on "spelling", it simply runs a spell check and gives me a dialog box telling me how many misspelled words appear in my email. In other words, it doesn't show me any possible choices for how the word should be spelled, or an option to add the word as currently spelled to a dictionary.

If I'm doing something wrong maybe someone can tell me what that is.

I also continue to have problems with font sizes, however since I learned from a post in the forum to use the control key combined with the mouse wheel I have been able to deal with incoming emails that display a minute character size to at least make that readable. I never had any font size issues with Eudora, aand I have to assume there must be a way for Pandora to eventually be similarly capable. When I was struggling with font sizes, I noticed that there were a few users who actually gave up on Pandora as a result of font size problems.

Anyway if anybody has experienced the two problems I've listed above, please post a response and let me know. Thanks.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum