Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KHP-444

REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format Empty REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format

Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:07 pm
Whatever I have tried – when I REPLY to a message, the reply includes the original message always in more or less garbled format, most text lumped together.

How can I change that, and have the Pandora REPLY MAIL containing the mail to which I reply below my answer in exactly the same appearance as it was received ?
After all, this is what Eudora or Outlook or Thunderbird do – why not Pandora ?
Is there a setting unknown to me which controls that ?
butchkemper
butchkemper

REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format Empty Re: REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format

Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:39 pm
KHP-444 wrote:Whatever I have tried – when I REPLY to a message, the reply includes the original message always in more or less garbled format, most text lumped together.

How can I change that, and have the Pandora REPLY MAIL containing the mail to which I reply below my answer in exactly the same appearance as it was received ?
After all, this is what Eudora or Outlook or Thunderbird do – why not Pandora ?
Is there a setting unknown to me which controls that ?

Does this happen every time you try to reply to a message?  Or only when you try to reply to a certain type of message?

I have not had this message formatting problem so I am stuck for an answer.  My experience is the message reply works as expected.

Butch
KHP-444

REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format Empty Unfortunately it varies

Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:41 am
Unfortunately it varies when replying, with different addresses, possibly with graphics in original email.
It does not matter whether Pandora is in NORMAL or ADMINISTRATIVE MODE.

I tried 6 examples now:
1)  personal web.de email address:      --->all text lumped together
2)  -email.com address                    --->original email format stayed
3)  commercial email address ..hugendubel.de    --->original email format stayed
4)  commercial email address ..@vailant-service.de    --->all text lumped together
5)   commercial email address ..@aktivshop.de    --->original email format stayed, but after each text line an extra empty line added
6)  personal email@mund-rec…...e.de            ---> all text lumped together

It does not make any difference whether I use the REPLY funktion on the incoming email in opened state or on the listing line of the particular email.
Yet the opened original email shows itself in proper and well readable format.

You see in the examples above that 3 of 6 emails tried stayed (almost) in original incoming format on the REPLY-EMAIL, the other 3 had  textboxes removeand as well as textcolor-backgrounds etc.,and the original email was reformatted in one continuous textblock without any gaps or extra lines.
butchkemper
butchkemper

REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format Empty Re: REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format

Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:09 pm
KHP-444 wrote:Unfortunately it varies when replying, with different addresses, possibly with graphics in original email.
It does not matter whether Pandora is in NORMAL or ADMINISTRATIVE MODE.

I tried 6 examples now:
1)  personal web.de email address:      --->all text lumped together
2)  -email.com address                    --->original email format stayed
3)  commercial email address ..hugendubel.de    --->original email format stayed
4)  commercial email address ..@vailant-service.de    --->all text lumped together
5)   commercial email address ..@aktivshop.de    --->original email format stayed, but after each text line an extra empty line added
6)  personal email@mund-rec…...e.de            ---> all text lumped together

It does not make any difference whether I use the REPLY funktion on the incoming email in opened state or on the listing line of the particular email.
Yet the opened original email shows itself in proper and well readable format.

You see in the examples above that 3 of 6 emails tried stayed (almost) in original incoming format on the REPLY-EMAIL, the other 3 had  textboxes removeand as well as textcolor-backgrounds etc.,and the original email was reformatted in one continuous textblock without any gaps or extra lines.

I do not think email addresses are related to this problem.

You need to create several sets of example files, open an  Help|Send Feedback|Report a Bug message, describe the problem, and attache the example file pairs to the message.

The first file should contain the message as Pandora displays it properly formatted.  Do a File|Save as to create a file containing the message.  The second file should contain the message after doing a Crtl+R to reply .  Save the file and attach both files to the Bug message to Pandora Support.  Provide several examples to show what is happening.

Cheers,

Butch
KHP-444

REPLIED-Messages: Original Message ist attached in more or less garbled format Empty There is no pattern recognizable for me why and when replies lump previous emails together

Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:44 am
There is no pattern in Pandora why and when replies unformat and lump previous emails together.

I cannot see that I am able (and willing) to spend a lot of further effort and time to find out what is the cause.

But I am surprised that this cannot be solved easily since I have not experienced that effect in any other email clients I habe used so far (Xtalk, Eudora, Outlook, Thunderbird, Postbox etc.), it appears to be somethinh Pandora-specific.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:53 pm
KHP-444 wrote:There is no pattern in Pandora why and when replies unformat and lump previous emails together.

I cannot see that I am able (and willing) to spend a lot of further effort and time to find out what is the cause.

But I am surprised that this cannot be solved easily since I have not experienced that effect in any other email clients I habe used so far (Xtalk, Eudora, Outlook, Thunderbird, Postbox etc.), it appears to be somethinh Pandora-specific.

Are you using the latest Pandora version 5.8.0?

Have you submitted a bug report to Pandora Support?

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum