Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harry

Need help setting up mailboxes Empty Need help setting up mailboxes

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:27 pm
Hi, I'm new to Pandora but pretty old to Eudora - been using it for 20 years or more. I'm currently using Win 10.

My file of Eudora messages is large, 10gb or so.  I previously kept all of the Eudora Mailbox files in a folder called "Email" in my Documents Folder.

So I used the Pandora Import tool and it took a looooong time, maybe 20 hours, with task manager frequently reporting "Not Responding" but the Importer seemed to finally complete and I have located the imported Maiboxes in "OS(C)/Users/her2k/AppData/Roaming/Pandora/Mail" (After I enabled Hidden and etc. File viewing in File Manager).

So now I can see my 17 or so imported Mailbox folders, but where do I drag them so that Pandora sees them and when I click "Mailboxes" *my* folders appear rather than the generic In/Out/Sent/Junk/Trash folders?

I am an OK Windows user, but not a power user or coder, so if anyone can help me with this, please keep that experience level in mind! Very Happy

I appreciate very much any help!

-Harry
butchkemper
butchkemper

Need help setting up mailboxes Empty Re: Need help setting up mailboxes

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 pm
Harry wrote:Hi, I'm new to Pandora but pretty old to Eudora - been using it for 20 years or more. I'm currently using Win 10.

My file of Eudora messages is large, 10gb or so.  I previously kept all of the Eudora Mailbox files in a folder called "Email" in my Documents Folder.

So I used the Pandora Import tool and it took a looooong time, maybe 20 hours, with task manager frequently reporting "Not Responding" but the Importer seemed to finally complete and I have located the imported Maiboxes in "OS(C)/Users/her2k/AppData/Roaming/Pandora/Mail" (After I enabled Hidden and etc. File viewing in File Manager).

So now I can see my 17 or so imported Mailbox folders, but where do I drag them so that Pandora sees them and when I click "Mailboxes" *my* folders appear rather than the generic In/Out/Sent/Junk/Trash folders?

I am an OK Windows user, but not a power user or coder, so if anyone can help me with this, please keep that experience level in mind! Very Happy

I appreciate very much any help!

-Harry

To display mailboxes in Pandora, left-click on the Menu item View, select Mailboxes, and left-click.  This will open a window showing all the mailboxes: system and Imported.  The Function Key F5 is a short cut to display the Mailboxes window.

In the Mailboxes window, you will see the System Mailboxes listed first and followed by the imported mailboxes.  You can use the mouse with left-click and drag-drop to move the imported mailboxes.

In the image below, the Mailboxes window is docked in Pandora screen by right-clicking in the Mailboxes title bar, selecting Docking, and left-click.

My Imported mailboxes are in a Mailbox Folder that is titled Local Mailboxes - I do not remember if that is the standard name or what I renamed it to.

Good luck and best wishes,

Butch

Need help setting up mailboxes Pandor14
Harry

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:11 am
Thanks very much, Butch!

The term "Local Mailboxes" must be a standard name, because my imported Eudora mailboxes ended up in the same configuration under a "Local Mailbox" header.

I can haul (aka Drag and Drop) individual imported mailboxes up under the "Mail" heading, but how do I get rid of the default five mailboxes (In, Out, Sent, Junk, Trash) ?

The only Mailboxes I want to see are my imported Mailboxes with my life history within.

If I right click on one of the imported Mailboxes, there appears an option to delete the Imported mailbox.

If I drag up and drop for example my imported "In" box to under the Mail header, it is renamed "In-1" or something similar.

If I select or right click on the default "In" mailbox I see no option for deleting it. I may be missing something basic here.

That makes no sense as a user. I don't want an empty default "In" Mailbox polluting my mailbox list.

How do I delete the default mailboxes?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Harry wrote:Thanks very much, Butch!

The term "Local Mailboxes" must be a standard name, because my imported Eudora mailboxes ended up in the same configuration under a "Local Mailbox" header.

I can haul (aka Drag and Drop) individual imported mailboxes up under the "Mail" heading, but how do I get rid of the default five mailboxes (In, Out, Sent, Junk, Trash) ?

The only Mailboxes I want to see are my imported Mailboxes with my life history within.

If I right click on one of the imported Mailboxes, there appears an option to delete the Imported mailbox.

If I drag up and drop for example my imported "In" box to under the Mail header, it is renamed "In-1" or something similar.

If I select or right click on the default "In" mailbox I see no option for deleting it. I may be missing something basic here.

That makes no sense as a user. I don't want an empty default "In" Mailbox polluting my mailbox list.

How do I delete the default mailboxes?

It is my understanding that the the default mailboxes: In, Out, Sent, Junk, and Trash, are always shown in the Mailboxes list.

You can left-click on the Menu item Help, select Send Feedback, select Suggest a New Feature, and left-click.  This will create a new message where you can compose a politely worded email to Brana, the author of Pandora, requesting an option to not display the default mailboxes.

Regards,

Butch
Harry

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:54 pm
OK, I did not receive a reply to my request for help deleting the default five mailboxes (In, Out, Sent, Junk, Trash).

So in case other users are facing the same challenge when importing mailboxes from another email client, here is what worked for me:

1. Open the imported mailboxes in question (In, Out, Sent, Junk, Trash), one by one, and select all the messages within. The easiest way is to use ctrl+A to select all messages.

2. Then drag the messages from the import mailbox up to the default mailboxes to populate them with the imported history.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum