Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Can't delete mailboxes Empty Can't delete mailboxes

Mon May 02, 2022 7:44 pm
This is odd, but I can't delete some mailboxes. I'm sorting and cleaning things up and when I delete these mailboxes I get a pop-up to confirm deletion, I say OK, the mailbox in the tree view closes, but it's still there. I've tried closing the program and restarting it but it's still there. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Can't delete mailboxes Empty Re: Can't delete mailboxes

Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 pm
When you delete a mailbox, all messages from that mailbox are transferred to Trash first. Mailbox is actually deleted only after all messages were transferred to Trash.
You can bring Tasks pane to front (View/Tasks), to monitor deletion progress (when you are dealing with larger mailboxes).

If mailbox was not removed, and the task is finished, open the mailbox - inspect remaining messages. Check also Log for any errors/messages (View/Log).
Mad Dog

Mon May 02, 2022 11:23 pm
Nothing in the log. And no emails in the folder. Yet each time I try to delete it, nothing happens. the folder remains.

So for fun I renamed of the folder. It changed the name. And recreated the folder. Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue May 03, 2022 5:29 am
In that case just open corresponding folder in File Explorer and make sure there are no third party files/folders inside (backups, files copied accidentally etc).

Normally, mailbox folders (.mf) contain just other mailbox folders and mailbox files (mbc/mbi pairs), nothing else.
Mad Dog

Tue May 03, 2022 6:30 am
There was nothing in those folders that shouldn't be there. Just mbc/mbi pairs. So I just manually deleted the offending .mf folders while Pandora was closed. Opening the program, it looks like everything is fine so I guess I didn't do any harm. Still wondering what caused it to happen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 am
Pandora is very cautious when dealing with files and folders. It also uses plain vanilla Windows-API when possible, so if deletion was blocked, it will flag the mailbox.
To work around the issue:
1. Right-click on mailbox and click Compact.
2. Delete the mailbox again.

Mad Dog likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum