Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rnm

Fonts - mailboxes Empty Fonts - mailboxes

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:58 pm
Good morning!

I'm trying to adjust the fonts used in various displays.    Mailboxes, for example.

I seem to have adjusted some fonts - smaller is my choice, given my screen resolution - but the mailbox display font is still very big.

How to change that?

Thanks
Lysa

Fonts - mailboxes Empty Re: Fonts - mailboxes

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:11 pm
This in the Help guide under Fonts:

"...assigning specific font size for particular mailbox summary, use View/Text Size menu.

Hold down Shift key and click View/Text Size to assign new text size for all mailboxes (or currently open mailboxes only)."

I am looking for an adjustment to the actual message itself! So are so small it is unreadable.

rnm

Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:05 am
I'm still finding this very confusing to configure.  (Probably why I continue to use Eudora.)

Seems that \View\Text size  with change the font in a message window  (and presumably \[shift] text size will change the font size in all (non-html) messages, open or otherwise.

Settings\General\Fonts will set the font and [default] size for the mailbox message lines.

However I don't see any change happening to the message summaries - the font sizes are not changing to match the open message font size chosen.  Odd - why don't they mirror by default?

It would be nice if there was one place to set fonts and sizes for all the places where there is text.

Wink
markp

Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:45 am
I just upgraded to a 4K monitor and was hoping Eudora's poor/lacking scaling support might be remedied with Pandora but I'm finding Pandora in some cases is worse than Eudora ...

- font for the message headers is a bit big

- font for the folders window is a bit small

- font for the personalities window is just right

- message preview pane ... header fields are huge while body of email is sometimes too small to read (appears to be issue with whatever's being used to process html/xml formatted emails); holding Ctl key while zooming in/out works but once body of message is readable the header fields are HYUGE (can be read from the other end of the street)

- fonts for the Tasks and Log windows are incredibly small (column headers, actual content)

Some of these issues also exist in Eudora but overall Pandora appears to have a mix of poor scaling (like Eudora) plus a mish-mash of different font sizes that (so far) I haven't figured out how to adjust.
markp

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:04 am
The poor scaling support and too-tiny fonts (on a 4K monitor) was just too much to handle (I don't like having to sit with my face a couple inches from the monitor).

I've shelved my Pandora testing and gone back to the research.

FWIW ... at this point I'm leaning towards Thunderbird (TB); a new group has started cranking out new releases of TB which appear to address some of the long-standing issues with TB while also providing a good effort at maintaining/improving-upon Eudora features; and, yes, TB scaling works rather well on a 4K monitor.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:58 pm
For anyone else reading this, much better solution - define your own scale:

1. Settings/Fonts
2. Change Fonts Base Size from 7-9-11-13-16-24-34 to say 11-13-15-17-22-24-36
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: