Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Simoncu

upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version Empty upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version

Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:17 am
Title says it all, I have the version 3.7.3.1 installed, and paid for, and I just bought the last release (4.1.9 I think)
Can I just upgrade ? or do I have to re-install the new version and import etc.... ????
Thanks
butchkemper
butchkemper

upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version Empty Re: upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version

Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:33 pm
Simoncu wrote:Title says it all, I have the version 3.7.3.1 installed, and paid for, and I just bought the last release (4.1.9 I think)
Can I just upgrade ? or do I have to re-install the new version and import etc.... ????
Thanks

The process to become operational on the latest Pandora version is:
  • From the Pandora Website, download the latest Pandora version.
  • Purchase a Series 4 Pandora License.  Your current license is a Series 3 and will not work with the Series 4 software.
  • Install the latest Pandora version on top of the version you currently have.
  • Install the new Series 4 license.

All the messages, filters, contacts, and accounts that are in the Pandora Series 3 software will be in the new Series 4 software.  It is not necessary to do the import process again.

Hope this helps.

Butch

Simoncu likes this post

Simoncu

upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version Empty Re: upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:46 am
I did it, and it went smoothly, thanks.
Fredo

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:24 pm
I am attempting to upgrade from version 3 to version 4. However, the only payment option that is presented is to use paypal.

I do not have a paypal account and will not use paypal because of their woke policy of stealing $2,500 US of your money if you say something they dislike.

How to pay for the upgrade without paypal?

Thank you,

Fredo
butchkemper
butchkemper

Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:49 pm
Fredo wrote:I am attempting to upgrade from version 3 to version 4. However, the only payment option that is presented is to use paypal.

I do not have a paypal account and will not use paypal because of their woke policy of stealing $2,500 US of your money if you say something they dislike.

How to pay for the upgrade without paypal?

Thank you,

Fredo
Fredo,

in the past, a  non-PayPal option was available but it is no longer shown on the website.  It appears the answer to your question is you do not.

Sounds like you have a problem:
  • Desire for a new Pandora license requiring payment via PayPal.
  • Dislike/Hatred for PayPal.

Now, you must decide if your desire fora new Pandora license can overcome your hatred of PayPal.

Regards,

Butch
Fredo

Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:53 am
How would I submit a request to the developer / seller to offer an alternative payment mechanism. Heck, I would send in a check for $140 for 10 years of updates.

Fred
butchkemper
butchkemper

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 pm
Fredo wrote:How would I submit a request to the developer / seller to offer an alternative payment mechanism. Heck, I would send in a check for $140 for 10 years of updates.

Fred

The price is $14 for a license that covers a Version Series.  The license is not an annual fee.

Go to the menu item Help, left+click, select Send Feedback, select Suggest a New Feature, and left+click.  This will open an email addressed to the Developer where you can make your suggestion.

Regards,

Butch
isdnip

upgrade from version 3.7.3.1 to new version Empty Version 3 to 5 upgrade starts anew

Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:53 pm
This is not related to my other topic which refers to a machine that has a paid version trying to use Yahoo...

I had a demo version 3 on a machine and when I started it, it asked if I wanted to upgrade to 5. I said yes, but it then started a new-install process, going to a different directory than where 3 was installed, and when I let it create a new directory in Program Files for it, it didn't see the mail and settings left over from version 3. Should I rerun the install for 5 over the old 3 directory anyway, or will that break something?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:21 am
isdnip wrote:This is not related to my other topic which refers to a machine that has a paid version trying to use Yahoo...

I had a demo version 3 on a machine and when I started it, it asked if I wanted to upgrade to 5. I said yes, but it then started a new-install process, going to a different directory than where 3 was installed, and when I let it create a new directory in Program Files for it, it didn't see the mail and settings left over from version 3. Should I rerun the install for 5 over the old 3 directory anyway, or will that break something?

I always install the new version on top of the old version and have never had any problems.  

When you install version 5 make sure you use the same locations for version 5  as you did for version 3. Afterwards. you can clean up the first version 5 installation.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum